Search for content in message boards

Ann Black m. Jesse Carmack

Ann Black m. Jesse Carmack

Posted: 27 Oct 2004 1:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Apr 2005 3:14PM GMT
Surnames: Black
looking for any information on Ann Black...supposely she was indian..the picture i have of her shows she could be...she born in the late 1700's...died in tenn as did jesse...thanks..kathy

Re: Ann BLACK / Jesse CARMACK

Posted: 8 Nov 2004 7:56PM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2005 6:19PM GMT
Surnames: Black, Carmack, Lymer
Kathy,

I have a little information on your Ann Black who was born in 1793 in Elbert County, Georgia and died in 1853 in Overton County, Tennessee. Ann married Jesse C. Carmack in 1815 in Overton County, Tennessee. According to a Overton County Historical Society publication Ann was a Cherokee Indian. I have in my records that her partents were John Black, who was born about 1758 in Pennsylvania and died on 22 October 1813 in Overton County, Tennessee, and Margaret Lymer, who was born about 1770 in Virginia and married John Black on 7 November 1792 in Elbert County, Georgia. It is quite possible that Ann obtained her Cherokee blood line from her mother's side of the family but I have not seen any records as proof that this is the case. Wish I had more but hope this helps some.

Arlin Benjamin
benjie33@yahoo.com

Re: Ann BLACK

Posted: 10 Nov 2004 11:34PM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2004 12:13AM GMT
A.J.
Thanks for the information....i working with another researcher who has Ann in her genealogy...she thought Ann was indian and i sent her your email about that...the previous one stating you didnt think so....she also has photos of Ann and her grandson and other one of a relative.....now i can tell her what you found....thanks for information...i do appreciate what you have done to help me....kathy

kay adams (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2004 2:46PM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2004 6:10PM GMT
I research the Blacks also. I would love to have a copy of the pictures the lady has. I can not state anytning for fact but it appears to me as though the orignal Blacks came from Germany and Ireland. I was told once that when they came over here there were not a lot of women available so they inter-married with the Indians. Then from that point on some of the people carrying the name Black were part Indian. My great great grandmothe was Mary Pollyanna Black, 1/2 Cherokee. I have a picture of her and her husband Rhoad Barton who was also 1/2 Indian. Mary's father was William Black, mother unknown.

Posted: 19 Nov 2004 5:02PM GMT
Kathy, I tried to email you but it didn't go thru. I'm not sure if we have corresponded before but your information on Ann Black is correct. If there is an Indian connection it would be on her mother's line. I am interested in getting a copy of the pictures you mentioned. Would it be possible to get them scanned and emailed?

Posted: 18 Mar 2008 3:27PM GMT
I can't remember if I ever answered you, but am doing so now. Email me at ut_genealogist@yahoo.com. I did run across a news article that said Ann's father, John, was full blood chief. I don't think that is correct. It would have to be there mother, just as you said.

kathy

Posted: 18 Mar 2008 3:34PM GMT
Tried emailing you with your yahoo account but it came back. Hopefully this one you will receive. Contact me at this email...

Kathy
ut_genealogist@yahoo.com

Posted: 12 Apr 2008 9:29PM GMT
Dale, did I ever send the photo to you? I can email it to you if you don't have it. I ran across a researcher whose email doesn't work now, I don't know her name but have you heard of one with ccarmack@pagenet.com. She says that she heard or grew up a story about Ann Black's mother died on the "Trail of Tears" and she was raised by a family whose surname was "Black". Have you heard of this?

Kathy Kirshman
ut_genealogist@yahoo.com

Ard/Barnes/Bilbrey/Bray/Brown/Black/Carr/Fleming/Gore/Grigsby/
Hickey/Isbell/Ledbetter/LeFever/LaFever/LeFevre/Mills/Parsley/
Saylors/Sherrell/Sherrill/Steele and more

Posted: 12 Apr 2008 9:40PM GMT
Kathy, I can determine what your question is? dale
per page

Find a board about a specific topic