Search for content in message boards

Descendents of Thomas Heath and Sarah Simpson, 1763, Stafforshire

Descendents of Thomas Heath and Sarah Simpson, 1763, Stafforshire

Posted: 28 Nov 2008 1:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Heath and Simpson
Looking for descendents of Thomas Heath, bapt 1st January 1738/9 in Hanley, died 1811 who, on 9th March 1763, married Sarah Simpson , born ~1740 and died before 1811. She was also from Hanley, Staffordshire, England

Re: Descendents of Thomas Heath and Sarah Simpson, 1763, Stafforshire

Posted: 28 Aug 2009 1:36AM GMT
I am a decendent of thomas windsor whos father was christopher windsor

Posted: 28 Aug 2009 1:36AM GMT
I am a decendent of thomas windsor whos father was christopher windsor

Posted: 28 Aug 2009 2:22AM GMT
I have no idea who the people you mention are and none of the names ring a bell as possible relatives. Do you have any dates or places where they lived?

Posted: 2 Sep 2009 1:16PM GMT
I am descended from Thomas Heath (bap 1780 Audley, Staffordshire), a son of William Heath (bap 1750 Audley) and Elizabeth Simpson (no baptism details). Thomas Heath's sister Charlotte (bap 1784 Stoke) married Aaron Simpson, a potter, at Norton in 1806. All other siblings were baptised at Audley or Talk. William Heath and Elizabeth Simpson married at Whitmore in 1770. William Heath was a master builder (as was his son Thomas) and served his apprenticeship at Hanley where he may have met Elizabeth. He is described as William Heath of Hanley Green at the time of his marriage to Elizabeth and I believe he may have returned to Audley to help with the restoration of the Chapel at Talk o' the Hill. William was son of John Heath (bap 1725 Audley) and Mary Colclough (bap 1725 Audley). John Heath appears to be the only son (along with five daughters) of William Heath and Sarah Heath (cousins?) who married at Audley in 1723.

Could there be a connection here?

Posted: 3 Sep 2009 5:35PM GMT
Surnames: Heath
You're the first person I've seen with any info on the Staffordshire Heath's. Not being from England, I'm having a hard time recognizing names of towns and regions.

Would you know of a John Heath born 1692 in Staffordshire and came to America and was married there abt 1723.
Lois

Posted: 3 Sep 2009 5:50PM GMT
John Heath came from Bedfordshire. There are several trees available. DNA too.

Posted: 3 Sep 2009 7:58PM GMT
Hi Lois, It is quite possible that my William Heath (born around 1700) would have had a brother named John given the distinct naming patterns through the years but unfortunately I do not have any sibling or parentage details for this generation. To date I am not aware of the emigration of any of my early Heath ancestors. As far as I am aware my direct line originated in Audley, Staffordshire, which is close to the border with Cheshire, and then moved into the 'five towns' in later years.

Maria

Posted: 3 Sep 2009 9:09PM GMT
Surnames: heath
Maria - thanks for responding so quickly. Like I said, I have a hard time keeping the names organized.

Chris, Can you send me the several trees and DNA sites so I can look at them?
Lois

Posted: 23 Sep 2009 10:29PM GMT
Sorry I can't send you the trees as they are on paper and some were not constructed by me. If you are prepared to send me the names of your oldest ancestors and any relevant dates I will see if I have anything that fits.

I am the volunteer administrator for the Heath Surname DNA project for www.familytreedna.com. There are over 70 male Y chromosome donors. The data have helped identify at least 8 clans of Heaths with their unique DNA's. For other donors we have yet to find a match or a Heath family to which they belong. If you are interested in the DNA project you could find a male Heath donor from your family
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions