Search for content in message boards

Taylors of Milnathort

Taylors of Milnathort

Posted: 13 Oct 2003 7:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Jul 2006 12:51AM GMT
Surnames: Taylor/Fraser
Researching the family of Laurance Taylor b. Milnathort circa 1822, m.1854 to Mary Saunders b. Milnathort circa 1830. Laurance and Mary had about 6 children born in Milnathort...between 1855 and 1869..Alexander, Robert, Euphemia, John, George and Laurance. I am particularly interested in the descendants of Alexander b. 1855 who married Helen Glassart Fraser in Airdrie, Lanark in 1879, and whose descendants are buried in the Ballingry Cemetery in Fife.
Thank you.

Re: Taylors of Milnathort

Helen McKean (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 2003 3:13PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor/Fraser
Ref: Taylor/Fraser Ballingry

In response to your query regarding Helen Glassart Fraser and Alexander Taylor of Ballingry, I am their Great Great Grandaughter, Helen McKean (nee Jackson). My Grandmother, Margaret, was the youngest of the 9 children.

Alexander died in 1909 and Helen in 1943. As well as 9 children, they had 11 Grandchildren and 18 Great Grandchildren. The last person to be buried in Ballingry cemetery was Douglas Wallace in 1998, husband of their grand daughter Helen Fraser who was died in 1994.

If you want any additional information please get in touch, I have a family tree which my father gave me in 1998 which may be of help to you and I do know the whereabouts of most of Helen and Alexanders decendents. My father often spoke of growing up in Ballingry House when he was a child so I may be of interest.

Are you related?

My home email address is tylertots98@hotmail.com

Helen (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2005 11:46AM GMT
Hi, have sent you several emails but haven't heard from you. Have you changed your address? I have found a cassette of my father's where he is talking about everyone on the family tree. Let me know if you would like a copy and also your new email address.

Helen

Trevor Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2005 9:51AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
My Fathers Father (my Grandfather, Laurance Taylor) is the brother of Alexander.
I am seeing my Father later today I will ask him if he can help you in any way.

Kind regards, Trevor Taylor

Posted: 8 Nov 2005 2:06AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2006 12:51AM GMT
Thanks very much for your reply Trevor. I have sent you an email off list.

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 3:22PM GMT
are we related? I am the youngest great grand daughter of Helen Glassart Fraser, my gran was Margaret Taylor.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions