Search for content in message boards

Clifford Witherell b. 1920 Illinois; buried Maesar Cemetery, Vernal, Utah

Clifford Witherell b. 1920 Illinois; buried Maesar Cemetery, Vernal, Utah

Posted: 8 Jun 2009 2:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Witherell
I am searching for information related to Clifford Witherell b. 1920 in Illinois but who appears to be buried in the Maesar Cemetery in Vernal, Utah.

His parents were George Gideon Witherell and Pearl Matilda Blake...however, it appears that Pearl married a second time to Lavern Rhodes around 1928 in Illinois. I cannot locate any records for George Witherell after the 1920 census. Records on ancestry.com (the family trees) show that he died in 1956 in Illinois...but I cannot find any proof of that information.

I do know that their one daughter, Minnie Mabel Witherell, came to Utah and married into the Hardinger family (this is my connection to the family)...but until today I did not know that there were 2 other children - a daughter, Ilene (I don't know if that is the correct spelling), and a son, Clifford. Clifford apparently came to Utah at some time and is buried in the Maeser Cemetery according to the Utah State Burials Database.

One of the problems I am having with Clifford's information is regarding his death date - the Social Security Death Index shows that he died in Jul 1982; the Utah State Burials Database shows that he died in New Jersey on September 1, 1984 and was buried in the Maeser Cemetery on September 5, 1984. I tried to search the Uintah County newspapers (online), however, they do not appear online for the dates in 1982 OR 1984 that I needed to search.

The www.familysearch.org website shows that Clifford died on 31 Jul 1982, which matches the information of the SSDI, however, this record does not say WHERE he died...so I am quite perplexed by the whole issue!! I have made it a goal to try to never put information into my records that I could not confirm (or at least try to)...and since there are so many different dates here, I just don't know which to believe.

If there is anyone in the Vernal area who might be able to help me, I would greatly appreciate it. It gets harder to verify information the more current it gets, but I would like to try to get this figured out!!

Thank you very much for any help!!

Re: Clifford Witherell b. 1920 Illinois; buried Maesar Cemetery, Vernal, Utah

Posted: 12 Mar 2010 3:36AM GMT
Details For Marriage ID#506188
Groom Last Name: HARDINGER
Groom First Name: Alvin Edward (27)
Groom Residence: Hailstone, Wasatch, Utah
Bride Last Name: WITHERELL
Bride First Name: Mabel Minnie (18)
Bride Residence: Hailstone, Wasatch, Utah
Place: Heber, Wasatch, Utah
Date: 02 Oct 1936
County of Record: Wasatch
State: Utah
Volume: D
Page: 210
Comment: Certificate # 2477

I found a marriage for Irene Hardinger (not Ilene) to Otto Saupe.
Details For Marriage ID#474039
Groom Last Name: SAUPE
Groom First Name: Otto (27)
Groom Residence: Kamas, Summit, Utah
Bride Last Name: HARDINGER
Bride First Name: Irene (18)
Bride Residence: Kamas, Summit, Utah
Place: Coalville, Summit, Utah
Date: 10 Aug 1932
County of Record: Summit
State: Utah
Volume:
Page:
Comment: Certificate # 1455

I found a wedding anouncement for Richard (Dick) Hardinger son of Mabel and Alvin Hardinger. His bride is Virginia Gale. Provo, June 7, 1959.

Lapoint, Unitah, Utah Jan. 30, 1964
A trailer housefire kills Alvin Hardinger, age 54. Located near the Great Lakes Timber Yard, trailer burned to the ground and the smoldering remains of Hardinger were found inside.

I saved a copy of Alvins' obit, (separate from the notice above) if you'd like it, I can email it to you.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you with Clifford Witherell. I know the frustration you're feeling..

Posted: 12 Mar 2010 8:34PM GMT
Surnames: Hardinger, Witherell
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! I had found some of the information you had sent me, however, I had NOT found the information regarding Richard Hardinger, nor the information regarding Alvin's death!!! I am completely shocked at the details of his death!! How horrible!! I would greatly appreciate it if you could email me Alvin's obit!! My email address is shaslam100@yahoo.com. I am connected to the Hardinger family in at least 2 ways...they are complicated, so I won't bore you...but I am always thrilled to find more information about them. Again, thank you for your help.

Susan

Posted: 21 Feb 2011 9:50PM GMT
Clifford Larue Witherell was born the 31 May 1920 in Saidora, Illinois which is Mason County. He was born to George Gideon Witherell and Matilda Pearl Blake Witherell.He died 31 July 1982 in Newark, New Jersey.I am thinking they had service honors two years later which was 5 Sept. 1984 because his body was donated to science. He was married to Catherine Proctor on 22 Feb. 1944 in Newark, New Jersey, they divorced.He married Mildred Kalinoweski in Newark, New Jersey.She was born 19 Jan.1912 in Warsaw, Poland.She died 30 Sept. 1983 in Vernal, Utah.Burial Maeser, Fairview cemetery in Vernal ,Utah.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions