Search for content in message boards

Glasgow, Scotland to NJ

Glasgow, Scotland to NJ

Sarah McDougall (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2001 6:11AM GMT
I’m looking for info on Kate (nee McLaughlan) Cassidy who moved to New Jersey. She died aged 102.(Brother of Ben McLaughlan, Philadelphia)

Many thanks
Sarah

Glasgow Cassidy Family

Posted: 4 Feb 2001 12:18AM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2003 7:44PM GMT
My Cassidy family left Scotland in about 1867 and settled in Trenton NJ. I have extensive data about them. Please send me info. on Kate Cassidy. Who did she marry? What are her birth marriage and death dates.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Gretta Marshall

Kate Cassidy

Posted: 3 Mar 2001 3:36PM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2003 7:44PM GMT
Sarah:

I am looking for the wife/widow or family of a son of my ancestor, Michael Cassidy. His name was Peter J. Cassidy. He was born in 1865 in Anderston, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland. I also found a record from a church in Trenton NJ which said Pete was born in NJ. That was wrong. Anyway Pete and Kate were in Ohio in 1904 when Michael died. We don't know what happened to them. As far as we know they had no children.

The family first lived in Philadelphia where Michel was naturalized and then moved to NJ. Is there a connection?

Gretta Marshall

Re: Kate Cassidy

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 9:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
My Grandmother was Born Sarah Cassidy, the first of her family who came from Ireland to be born in Scotland this would around 1860 or so, she was born in Anderston in a Street Called Lancefield Street . I do not think there was any connection to your family Cassidy is an Irish name adn they were Catholic, she married my Grandfather whose name was Wright and he was killed in a shipyard accident and she married a man Patrick McKay . I do not think they in any way were connected, But her brothers wife was called Katie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions