Search for content in message boards

Benjamin Ellis in SW Missouri

Benjamin Ellis in SW Missouri

Amy Ellis (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 1999 12:02PM GMT
Help! I've traced my husband's line back to Benjamin Ellis. All the info I have is that he married Senna Hall on 16 DEC 1852, in Barry County, MO. They had six children. They are: Paten, John, Alfred, Jake, George, and Senna. We are from Alfred's line. He was born on 04 MAY 1868 and later married Etta Evelyn Stephens. He died on 01 SEP 1943. Thanks, Amy Ellis

Missouri Ellis

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 1999 2:02PM GMT
John (used Thomas on marriage certificate) Ellis married Lucasta Berry in 1869 in Dent Co (Probably) Missouri. They had three children. Martin b.1872, John Jr., b. 1876, Mary "Tass" b. 1879. John died after Mary was born circa 1879 to 1882. Lucasta remarried on 5-4-1882 to Ralph Kelm. The mystery here is Lucasta was 8 months pregnant when she married Ralph. My grandmother Maggie b. 6-9-1882 went by Kelm -but was she an Ellis? When did John Ellis die? Anybody know?

Ellis history

Bethany Guzinski (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 1999 4:09PM GMT
Help Me Please I am trying to research my Ellis/Eilts/Guzinski family tree and have almost no info please mail me any infoo
guzinski@kdsi.net

Mo Ellis''s

Posted: 24 Nov 1999 3:16PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2001 3:32PM GMT
Debbie
I have Thomas S. Ellis in the 1880 Texas county, MO census.
He is living with Lucasta and the children. Thomas S. Ellis is the son of Franklin S. Ellis and Mary Hughes.
You can visit my webpage at http://users.ezwv.com/~jdhall/hall
email me if you need further info.

Dana Hall

Re: Benjamin Ellis in SW Missouri

Posted: 12 Sep 2001 4:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Feb 2002 9:23PM GMT
Amy, I too decend from the Alfred Ellis line. I am their youngest son's {William} daughter. I can't find much to help, but thought it would be nice to let you know we're out there! LOOKING!

Posted: 1 Feb 2004 5:33AM GMT
What part of Alfreds line? William Carl Ellis was my grandfather. Its a long story, but, I know that Cindy Ellis - my cousin has researched the line.- her father is Leonard Ellis. Cindy may be able to fill in some data for you. I have been told that William was part Osage Indian. Cindy said that their is no Native Americans in our liniage. I think that we just dont have all of the information. If you know any more, I would be curious to find out. I suspect that Rebecca Senna Hall cam to Missouri as part of the movement of Cherokee Indians from NC during the trail of tears. This is my own theory and I have no validation. Just a theory and curiosity.

Posted: 2 Feb 2004 8:22PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2004 12:42AM GMT
Your message caught my attention as was looking for my Ellis line. This is a longshot but hopefully something may come of it. My GGGrandmother Lydia Ellis b about 1800 married James Smith (try to find that needle in a haystack). They lived in Warren Co or Montgomery Co Mo. Their daughter Mary Ann Smith married my GGrandfather in Warren Co May 23, 1854. Later they moved to Northwest Mo through DeKalb and Buchanan Co and then to Andrew and Nodaway Co.

I am trying to find info about James Smith and Lydia Ellis. I believe she was the dau of Benjamin Ellis (info I found on GenCircles.com), but have found nothing more as to where James was born. Lydia supposedly the dau of Benjamin Bigeman Ellis Jr b about 1763 in Rowan Co, No Carolina. Her Mother was Sarah Copeland born about 1770 in Rowan NC.

James B and Lydia had Elizabeth, 1816; Benjamin E Smith 7-14-1829, Sarah Ann 1831; Susan 1832; Calvin 1833 and a dau; and Mary S b 1837. Think this is my family but cannot positively identify them.

Anything on Cook's would be helpful. Andrew Jackson Cook was son of George Cook.

I too strongly suspect a native american background as rumored by family lore. But, I don't know if it is the Ellis line of perhaps the Cook line.

Anything thing you might have or any trails you can lead me too would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 21 Oct 2005 3:23PM GMT
Surnames: ELLIS, HALL, MASHBURN, STROUD.
Rebecca Senna Hall married Benjamin Ellis.
Rebecca was a d/o John Payton Hall, Sr., and Louisa Mashburn..
John was a s/o Rev. Joshua Hall, Jr. and Virginia Jane Queen.
Louisa was a d/o William Mashburn and Susannah Stroud.
Don

Posted: 25 Jan 2007 2:44PM GMT
Surnames: Ellis
Can you contact me about Hall's please. sharolyn at cableone dot net
Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions