Search for content in message boards

Schneider from Bern Switz to Missouri 1850's

Schneider from Bern Switz to Missouri 1850's

Posted: 25 Apr 2000 7:03AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 3:02PM GMT
Looking for any SCHNEIDER's coming directly from Bern Switzerland, specifically relations to Johann Schneider (immig. 1850 to Andrew County, MO) and brother Christian Schneider (immig. 1854 to Andrew County, MO)
and families. Also connections to SOMMER, SCHINDLER, and STUBER from Bern, Switzerland. These names could have also immigrated to Holmes County, OHIO and/or State of Oregon. I have extensive info on these lines and looking for more. Please contact if you think you have a connection!

Joseph Schneider

Carla (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2000 10:05PM GMT
According verbal history - my great or great-great grandfather came from Berne, Switzerland. However, according to the same source they settled in the Nebraska area.

My great-grandfather was named Joseph Schneider - most like born about 1874.

Sound familiar at all?

Thank you!
Carla
Schneider Neumann

Johann Schneider

Posted: 9 May 2000 2:24PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 6:39PM GMT
My wife Evelyn Delores Scharafinski is related. Johann Schneider was born end of Dec 1829 in Digisbach Canton Berne Switzerland, he married Eugenie Louise Gerods or Girods?? from Beaucourt France Email me at Sheyne@swbell.net

Schneider

stephanie ( Schneider) Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2000 10:10AM GMT
My married name is Schneider, and we live in Oregon, Husband name is Dennis and his Brothers name is Gary and sisters Deeb and Karen, his Dad;s name is Raymond Schneider mother Juile ( McMichael) Schneider, Juile and Ray came form Neb. I'm going to go over and see if they know any thing eles make copy of some of the letter others have wrote and your to see if juile knoows anything about any of them my kE-mail assy is princees2@yahoo.com you can write me there if you would like, most of there family is in Neb. the Well's and the McMichael, and the Schneiders, thank you shari

Samuel b. 1835 Steffisburg Switz>Tusc Co OH

Posted: 13 Aug 2000 11:09AM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2006 11:21PM GMT
Samuel Frederick Scneiter (spelled with a T in our branch) b. 1835 Steffisburg (near Thun), Canton Bern Switzerland, parents Christian and Anna Barbara (Rugg) Schneiter. Samuel m. Anna Barbara Mueller (b. 1839 Buchholterburg Switz.) and their family migrated to Tusc. Co, OH, children Godfrey b. 1861, Elise b. 1859, William b. 1870 and others. Records in Switz. are very good, so don't hesitate to write the Canton with inquiries.

Albert Gabriel - Bern

jennifer schindler (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2000 10:47AM GMT
My Grandfather, David Monroe was born (1898 or so)in Mexico to Albert Gabriel Schindler and his Spanish wife. He said that his people came from Bern. Took it to mean his father. Any information would be helpful. They later ended up in CA and NV for some time.

Re: Schneider from Bern Switz to Missouri 1850's

Posted: 25 Mar 2002 5:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
if you already heard from me, sorry, I'm new at this. My greatgrandfather was Christian Schneider, married to Rosa Deustch (sp) children, Martin, Rose, Mary, Louise, and Joseph i think who died in his 20'w. supposedly originally from Austria. Christian, Rosa and son are all buried in a Catholic church cemetary in Jordan, Oregon. Son Martin died at 94 in Mt Angel Oregon in 1981. His sister Rose was my grandmother. Mary died in Breckenridge Minn. about 1979 at age 96. She had 6 boys, one daughter Catherine, who married someone directly across the border in North Dakota. My mother's name is Dolores, daughter of Rose Schneider. Any connection?

Re: Schneider

Posted: 17 Jul 2002 11:36PM GMT
Sharie Schnider died Jan 2002

Re: Albert Gabriel - Bern

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 5:10AM GMT
Surnames: Schindler
Hi Jennifer, I too am looking for information. Looking forward to catching up with you and sharing our life stories. Your cuz Dana Schindler McArthur, (Bunny)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions