Search for content in message boards

Swope Origin

Swope Origin

Posted: 17 Apr 2002 6:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Apr 2002 5:32PM GMT
If anyone knows the Origin and or meaning of the swope name please email me at bell_roze@yahoo.com
thanks

Re: Swope Origin

Posted: 22 May 2002 1:48AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jan 2003 1:49AM GMT
Surnames: Swope, Showen, McCoy, Haynes
Swope is a German name taken from the German name Schwab or Swab. My gggg (way back) grandmother was a Swope, sometimes in some records known as Swopes. Many emigrated from Germany to Pennsylvania then migrated with the German Colonies into the Valley of Virginia in the county of Augusta near what is called Swope Depot, near the Chesapeake and Ohio Railway. Hope this helps some. Karen

Melissa (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2002 4:55AM GMT
I have my ancestory back to George Schwab who came over from Germany. Most of my Swope relatives lived in PA. What was your grandmothers name maybe we are related?
email me

Posted: 18 Jul 2002 12:30AM GMT
Surnames: Swope, Myers, Mellott
I am also a descendant of a Swope family in PA. Is there a Robert E.Z. Swope in your family tree?

melissa (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2002 12:44AM GMT
I am not sure I will have to look

Malcolm Megibben (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2002 9:19PM GMT
Some Swope left Pa.,to Ohio,then into Kentucky,have of that bunch went over to Mo.,where they did quite well for themselfs.(several parks& golf courses named after them).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions