Search for content in message boards

Ford family Middlesex UK

Ford family Middlesex UK

Debbie Ford (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2003 9:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Nov 2003 2:40AM GMT
Surnames: FORD
Looking for any information relating to my Ford relatives from Middlesex. William Pendred Ford was born in Hammersmith 1834, he married Janet (Jessie) Stevenson. They had 7 children. Richard born abt 1861, Robert Stevenson born 02/2/1863, Alexander born abt 1868, Mary E born abt 1870, Sarah J born abt 1873, James Pendred born June quarter 1876 and Minnie born abt 1880. My direct ancestor Robert Stevenson Ford married Elizabeth Mann 26 Feb 1883. Their son (also Robert Stevenson) married Florence Winifred Dunsby October 1904

Re: Ford family Middlesex UK

Posted: 14 Jan 2006 4:59PM GMT
Florence Winifred Dunsby 1885 daughter of James Dunsby and Agnes Jane Law , could you confirm that Law is the correct surname for Agnes please.

barbara (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2006 10:50AM GMT
Im sorry Im not replying with the information you asked for, but Im intrigued by the Ford family in Middlesex. My grandmother, Mary Anne Ford, was born in 1889 and was the daughter of Edward Ford, a French Polisher and Hannah (?), and I wondered if she was of your line. Forgive me for asking, but I, too, joined the Ford family request line, but all they seem to come back with are American Fords. As I have been looking for for info about Mary Ann (aka Polly), I hoped you dont mind my asking.

Regards,

Barbara

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2006 8:53AM GMT
So far I haven't come across any of the names you have mentioned. Unfortunately the Ford name is very common and I keep coming up against dead ends. Wish you all the luck on your search. Hope you find what you are looking for and if you come across any of my Ford family, please let me know.

Posted: 30 Apr 2006 11:05AM GMT
Surnames: Ford
Hello Debbie. My great grandmother was Mary Elizabeth, who was born on 12 June 1869. She married into the Tomalin family in 1892. You might be interested to know that William and Janet had another child, also called Robert (second name Pendred) who was born about 1859. As it seemed to be customary to name children after dead siblings, it is likely that this child died before Robert Stevenson was born. My grandmother left scanty information on Janet Ford and I went to Stirling last year to try to find her, but without success. If you have any information, I would be most grateful. Please email me direct at lindsay.campbell@btinternet.com and I would be happy to share what I have. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Best wishes.

Posted: 8 May 2007 1:13AM GMT
Surnames: Ford
My great grandmother was Mary Anne Ford and died in Hammersmith in 1934 at the age of 50. Her husband Michael was an army man at Cavalry Barracks, and they lived in Martindale Rd., Hounslow. Their children were Edward John 1908, Frederick c1910, Gladys c1919 and Stanley c1921.I wonder if we have a connection?

Posted: 9 May 2007 8:06AM GMT
Sorry, Debbie, my Fords came from Islington.

Regards,

Barbara

Posted: 9 May 2007 11:08PM GMT
My GGrandmother was Mary Ann Elizabeth Ford who lived in Northwood or Pinner Middlesex my GGrandfather was Caleb George B 1846 Sulhampstead Abbots reg. at Bradfield He was a platelayer with Railways
Their family were
Mary Ann Elizabeth B1873 @ Piddington Northamptonshire
Charles B1875 @ Hull Yorkshire Mar.Florence Kate Price abt 1898
George Caleb B1877 @ Billesdon Leicester D 1947 in Sydney Australia his wife Euphemia Catherine White mar. Holy Trinity Ch.Northwood MDX
James Edward B1881 D 1967 Sydney Australia Mar Lilian Florence Torode from Guernsey Mar. Holy Trinity CH Northwood MDX 23/1/1909 Sailed for Australia 1910
Ernest Ford B1885 @ Harrow MDX D 8/1/1926 Australia Mar Ethel Wetton
Reginal/Rigby B 1893 Pinner MDX
William B Pinner
1901 census the wnole family lived @ Half Mile Lane @ 20 St Mary's Villas

Caleb died 1917 and Mary ann 1908 both bur together @ Holy Trinity Ch Northwood
Robert Macken

Posted: 10 May 2007 10:37AM GMT
Hi there, unfortunately I don't think we have the same Mary Ford. My Mary was born June 1879 and died 1936. Sorry, I can't add any more to your tree.

Posted: 1 Nov 2007 8:13AM GMT
Surnames: Ford Middlesex England
Hi Barbara

Have just seen your message from May 2007. You said that your Fords were from Islington. My Fords were from there too. Mine were William Ford 1849 and Harriet Livermore 1852. Their children were William 1873, Edward 1877, Mary Ann 1879 and Caroline 1886. They lived at City Garden Row, then later in Frome St., parish of St Peter. Any connection, Barbara?
Sue
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions