Search for content in message boards

Carrolls: Andrew Jackson, Ward, Burns, G. Otto, Deyo

Carrolls: Andrew Jackson, Ward, Burns, G. Otto, Deyo

Posted: 1 Jul 2001 11:38PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2002 7:18PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll
Looking for Carrolls originally from Ireland, then from Steuben County in NY, then dispursed. Andrew Carroll and Anna his wife came from Ireland and settled in Stueben (Howard, Towesville). They have several children including Andrew Jackson, Ward and Burns. Andrew Jackson Carroll had several children including G. Otto and Deyo. Any help would be appreciated. Ted White tedwhite@u.washington.edu

Re: Carrolls: Andrew Jackson, Ward, Burns, G. Otto, Deyo

Posted: 2 Jul 2001 2:16PM GMT
Hello Ted! I have an Andrew Jackson Carroll, born 10-6-1844. Could this be the same one? Does the name of Raford Carroll, born 11-2-1808 in NC show up in any of your research? He is my g-g-grandfather, and I can't find his parents or siblings. Any help would be appreciated. Betty Lou

Posted: 2 Jul 2001 5:28PM GMT
My Andrew Jackson Carroll was the son of Andrew and Anna Carroll who emigrated from Ireland directly to Steuben County, NY. Not sure of AJ's birthdate.

Posted: 10 Aug 2001 8:06PM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2001 11:49PM GMT
My husband's grandfather was Andrew Jackson Carroll, or Carrell. The family spells it differently even brothers. But Andrew J. father was Simon from Penn. and ancesters came from Ireland. Simon is as far as we get, can't seen to find his father. Andrew was born in 1844 or 1845, Supposedly fought in the Civil War. We think he took someone else's place. Was not registered.
I don't think this is the Andrew you are looking for, but their may be a connection somewhere.

Posted: 10 Aug 2001 8:42PM GMT
My Andrew Jackson Carroll was born in 1860.
His father, Andrew Carroll was born in Ireland in 1805.
His parents came to Steuben County, New York from Ireland.
However, AJ and his siblings moved on to other places
and I am still trying to find them. We may be related in Ireland, but it doesn't look like there is a connection in the US

Dave Gorman (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2001 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll, Atkinson, Brannon
You wrote of a Simon Carroll of Pennsylvania, father of Andrew Jackson Carroll, b. 1844/45. I am wondering if there is any connection to my great-grandfather, Thomas Lawrence Carrol, born in Conshohocken, Penn. in 1870. We think his father was also named Thomas, who married Jane Atkinson, and whose other children included James, Mary, and Hugh.
T. L. Carroll married Letty Brannon in 1892 in Portland, OR, and gave birth to two children in 1893 & 1895 in Portland, OR, another child in 1897 Los Angeles, and then moved to Chicago.
Jane Atkinson Carroll died in Portland, OR.

Do you know any connection?

Posted: 11 Aug 2001 4:51PM GMT
Thank you for responding. There are so many Carroll's.We just can't find a connection to our Simon Carroll who was Irish. Either his father or his grandfather came from Ireland. We just haven't dug deep enough.

Thanks.

Posted: 11 Aug 2001 5:02PM GMT
My husband's ggrandfather Simon Thomas was came from Penn. He married an Archer. He moved to Tenn. or Ga. had Andrew, (my husbands's grandfather) and other siblings which includes They then came to Southern Illinois, where they settled, bought land etc.
Andrew married and had 4 daughters his wife died, and he married a 16 year old girl(he was 53 at the time). They had 6 children, including my husband father Andrew.
Grandfather and his new wife moved to Essex, Mo. where he died at the age of 69. His wife and children came back to Southern Illinois. She was ill and died at the age of 42. The children were scattered to different families who raised them.
You are probably not inteested in this, but I thought it was interesting.

Thank you for your response.

Iona and Jerry Carroll

Dave Gorman (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2001 6:07PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll, Atkinson
Interesting! It appears that, if there is a connection to the father of Thomas Lawrence Carroll, born in Conshohocken, Penn., it could only come through a sibling, cousin or relative of Simon Thomas Carroll of Penn., not from Simon's descendants. Do you have any other info about Simon?

Posted: 11 Aug 2001 6:59PM GMT
No, we just can't get any further than Simon Thomas-----*there was another son Thomas who moved to Mo. that signed Andrew's death certificiate. He lived 2 miles from Essex. I can't remember the name of the town. I have sent off for a US cenus, hopefully I can find something on it. I will let you know. Keep in touch.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions