Search for content in message boards

McDonald/McDonell, Grant

McDonald/McDonell, Grant

Posted: 17 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 5:03AM GMT
Surnames: McDonald, McDonell, Grant
Searching for information about Archibald McDonald/McDonell married Mary Grant. 1871 census list the following children John, Catherine, Jenet, Elizabeth, James,and Angus.
Archibald was 50 and Mary was 36. Found information about the children at St. Raphaels, but nothing for Archibald or Mary. Any help would be appreciated.They lived Kenyon 1st, lot 13.

Re: McDonald/McDonell, Grant

Suzanne Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2001 11:20PM GMT
Archibald and Mary m. 31 Jan 1854 St Finnian's. Archibald's family called the 'square' MacDonalds. In fact, if anyone knows about the 'squares' please contact me.
Elizabeth was my G-Grandmother. I have some family information which I will look up email to you.

Posted: 21 Oct 2002 7:04PM GMT
my great grandfathers name was john mc donell and changed the spelling of our name to mc donald.I also had a great great uncle named angus.My grandfathers name was paul leo mc donald.he was a dentist in two rivers wis.i also had two great uncles named will and horace.think we have some connection.i have a letter written by angus detailing some of the family history.please email if youwould like to see.

Posted: 6 May 2003 3:55AM GMT
Surnames: McDonald, Gannon
Hello Lynn,

I realize that you posted queries several years ago, but I was wondering whether you were able to determine information on your McDonald family members.

I have just learned that my great grandfather - Francis (Frank) McDonald married Mary Gannon in 1904 in Cornwall.

Francis' parents were Angus McDonald and Catherine (maiden name McDonald also). In the Stormont and Glengarry areas there were in fact two marriages of an Angus and Catherine McDonald, both in 1883, and I am not certain which one would be the correct couple.

Any chance you have the Francis and Mary Gannon "twig" in your tree?

If you could help me narrow things down it would help.

One of the Angus and Catherine marriages were at St. Raphael's November 5, the other was at St. Finn's in Alexandria on Feb. 6 the same year.

Posted: 17 Feb 2014 1:23PM GMT
I also descend from Archibald and Mary. Their son, John James (Little Archie the Square) was my great grandfather. Unfortunately, I do not know about the "Squares".

I would be very interested in sharing info. Please don't hesitate to contact me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions