Search for content in message boards

Joseph POWELL

Joseph POWELL

susan trotter (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Powell, O'Neil
Am looking for any information on Joseph Powell b : 1821 in Birmingham, England. Married Catherine O'Neil B : 1835, Kilkenny , Ireland.( M; 1868- Ballarat, Australia)

Are there any other searches out there who may be following the powell family tree????

Powells who emmigrated to Australia from England and settled at Ballarat, Victoria, Australia during the great gold rush...

POWELL

ROBYNNE GARDINER (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: POWELL, SCRATCHLEY, SCRATCHWELL, SCRITCHLEY
Hi there I am tracing the POWELL'S who came from England to Aust not sure what year but James Powell married Jane? Sarah Anne?or Ann, Scratchley?,Scratchwell?,or Scritchley
in Hobart in about 1849 their children were born between 1853-1861 I have Papers stating registered in the districts of Hamilton and Caramut
Not sure if there is a link with you or not tis worth a try
Regards Robynne Gardiner

scritchley

ROBYNNE GARDINER (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: scritchley
Hi there Robyn Young
If you would like to email me direct it would be alot easier
robbrett@xtra.co.nz
we may have a link hope to hear from you soon
Robynne Gardiner

Scritchley

Robyn Young (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Hi Robynne. A friend told me about your posting. My husband's gg grandfather was James Scritchley b1815 in Nottingham, England. As SCRITCHLEY is not a very common name, especially in Australia, I feel that there would be a connection with your line if the surname you are seeking turns out to be the same.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Robyn
Posted: 12 Jan 2013 11:34PM GMT
Surnames: Powell, Scratchwell
Hi Robyn
I am doing my stepdad's tree and his great great grandmother was Sarah Ann Scratchwell. She married James Powell in Australia. Their daughter, who is his great grandmother, was born Sarah Ann in Hamilton, Victoria, Australia. She married Alexander Murray on 3 January 1881 in Greymouth age 20 so the family must have come to New Zealand sometime before then. I have little information on this line. Do you know anything more about James Powell and Sarah Ann Scratchwell now as I see this thread was written years ago.
Thanks
Carol

Re: POWELL

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 2:23AM GMT
Hi There do you live in nz if so would you like to send your phone number and I will give you a all
Cheers Robynne
Posted: 22 Jan 2013 11:35AM GMT
Hi Robynne
I am in New Zealand. My phone number is 09 4766985.
Thanks
Carol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic