Search for content in message boards

CROMWELL

CROMWELL

Ola Horton Cates (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cromwell, Horton, Atkinson, Maness
Looking for ancestors and descendants of William Fielding CROMWELL, b. 1795 in Jefferson Co, KY - married Nancy Elizabeth Grimes in Lawrence Co, TN in 1825. Died in Wayne Co, TN
His daughter Otha Catherine married John English Horton Sr.

CROMWELL. OLIVER

Jacqueline Potter (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CROMWELL
I have the information you seek, more, in fact a staggering amount, on the Powhatan Cromwell side. Will send more later. All I need is the death date and place of Powhatan Cromwell and his son P.A. Cromwell (which I believe occurs in 1898). I would love to have those two facts documented.
I am descended from both Powhatan and Martha. Will be back in touch in a day or two.

Cromwell

Johnny Chaffin (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Powhatten Cromwell, Martha Oliver
Looking for Father and Mother of Powhatten Cromwell born 1824 married
to Martha Oliver born 1831
Posted: 27 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2002 5:38PM GMT
Surnames: CROMWELL
Please contact me. I am a serious Cromwell researcher and would love to share info with you. Have your line traced back to the original Cromwells of Maryland/Virginia. PLease contact me CCROMWELLJR@MSN.COM

Powhattan Cromwell

Posted: 27 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2002 5:38PM GMT
Surnames: Cromwells
I have info on your line too. have your line traced back to the first Cromwells of Maryland/Virginia. Didn't even know this line was still going. Please contact me CCROMWELLJR@MSN.COM

Cromwells - from MD to NJ

Posted: 28 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Nov 2002 11:02PM GMT
Surnames: CROMWELL, DORSEY, BROWN, DANBURY, TITUS, BOVIE
I am researching the MD Cromwells (of the Cromwell/Dorsey line) who moved to NJ in the early 1800s. Please contact me if you would like to exchange information. Thanks.
Posted: 13 Dec 2001 10:54PM GMT
Edited: 18 Feb 2003 7:10PM GMT
I am looking for anyone who can give me any help with the Cromwell families of Lawrence Co Tennessee. My grandmother was Bertha Elizabeth Cromwell who was married to Floyd Barber. I do know that she had a brother named Lonzo Cromwell, his son is Jerry and that is about all I know for now. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Re: CROMWELL

Posted: 29 Feb 2004 5:35AM GMT
Surnames: Cromwell
All I know from Otha is my line. She married John English Horten Sr (1836-1927). Their son John English Horten Jr married Rebecca Kimbrough. Their daughter Hannah Catherine Horten married Joseph Benjamin McWilliams. Their daughter Loretta Rebecca McWilliams (my great-grandmother) married Driscoll James Huggins. Their son James married Margaret Ann Noble. James and Margaret divorced in 1981.
Hope that helps!

Re: CROMWELL. OLIVER

Posted: 17 Aug 2009 12:00AM GMT
Surnames: Cromwell Lawhead Laughead
I'm helping a friend research this family, and we're confused on the family relationships of Powhattan's children and direct ancestors.

It seems that Powhattan's daughter, Anna P. Cromwell (b. abt 1851), married Silas A. Lawhead (10 Jul 1839 Belmont County, Ohio - 12 Oct 1928). Anna's birth date is noted several places online as 10 Aug 1869, but that date doesn't make sense relative to her Indiana marriage record to Silas Lawhead on 10 Aug 1868 Greene Co. Indiana.

Anna Cromwell and Silas Lawhead had a son, Oliver Powhattan Lawhead (b. abt 1869 Indiana d. aft 1930). Oliver seems to have been married twice: 1) Mary Jane Flynn (married 6 Mar 1892) and 2) Agnes (marriage date UNK).

I think that Silas Lawhead's father was Joseph Laughead (Lawhead). Joseph can be found in the 1840 census in Somerset Township, Belmont County, Ohio. There is a male child under age 5 listed in the census record.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic