Search for content in message boards

James Martin Gano

James Martin Gano

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 3:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Feb 2011 5:20PM GMT
Surnames: Gano
Hello I am looking for information on James Martin Gano born 1842 died Nov 9 1947 in nyc, his wife name was Vienna Demorest born Aug 31 1847 in New York. There Child's name was Walter Jennings Gano Sr born March 22 1893 in New York died 1947 in Dade Florida. then my Grandpa Walter Gano Jr born Oct 4 1913 in New York Died Oct 22 1989 Pompano beach Florida. I can find no info on James mother and father or if he had any siblings. Any help would be so appreciated.

Michael Gano

Re: James Martin Gano

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 5:00PM GMT
It always helps when you supply dates and places. When and where were these people born? Where did they live?

Re: James Martin Gano

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 10:02PM GMT
Surnames: Gano, Demorest, Johnston
I been trying to sort out Ganos in Hunterdon, New Jersey and believe this may be your James Martin Gano b. abt 1842. He d. 9 Nov 1895 in Manhattan, NY. I've attributed him to Holloway W. Gano m. to Liveria Johnston. His wife Vienna died in 1913 in Manhattan. Holloway's grandfather was Richard (1763) m. to Martha Beavers and his ggrandfather was William (1710) m. to Sarah. You should find James in his father's household in the 1850 in Alexandria, Hunterdon, New Jersey. You should definitely get a copy of his death certificate from the NY city archives which from my experience with NY death certificates will probably have his parents listed.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions