Search for content in message boards

Deaths in 1758

Deaths in 1758

Jayne Hebert (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hebert, Morin, Levesque, Simard, Seymour, McKinley, Rocheleau, Coutu
I am curious about a number of deaths that occured in my Antoine Hebert line that occured in 1758. It appears that they were part of the deportation and enroute to France. Where they on one ship and if so which one.

Deaths at Sea

Joe Hebert (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Try URL http://genweb.net/~hebert there are 10 data bases there. I do have a number of descendants of both Antoine & Etienne who ided during expulsion identified in my Master data Base but not on line.

Joe

Deaths at sea

Richard Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hebert
I too, am a descendant of Antoine Hebert. I also found a great number of Hebert's and their spouses who died at sea in December of 1758 during the Deportation to France. Here is some information that I found on Tim Hebert's website, entitled " Heberts in exile ". I hope this helps....

" Although a few Acadians were sent to Nantes when the English attacked Port Royal in 1710, the first movement of Acadians back to France came in 1758. The first wave of deportations begun in 1755, sending the Acadians to American colonies (where some were forwarded to England and other territories). When Louisbourg fell in 1758, the last French stronghold in Acadia was gone. Another mass deportation of Acadians on Ile Royale, Ile St. Jean, and on the mainland (New Brunswick area) were sent directly to France. The voyage was marked by a high number of deaths. Two of the ships, the Violet and the Duke William, sank at sea. In January of 1759, the Acadians disembarked at the French port town of St. Malo."
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions