Search for content in message boards

HOLPP

HOLPP

Gail Way (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HOLPP, THRASHER
Any information onb Holpps emmigrated to Tell City, IN early century from Germany(?) Alvin, Chris (my father and grandfather) Thrasher (bertha) my grandmother

Re: HOLPP

Posted: 29 Jul 2001 4:29PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Edited: 6 Aug 2001 8:38PM GMT
Surnames: Holpp
Hello - its shure: All Holpps came from germany, exactly Wuerttemberg, the local capital is Stuttgart. If You want to hear more, you may contact me - an see the Holpp-message-board at ancestry.com, I created in the last year.

I-m aged 56 and I want to complete my genealogical table....
I have contacts to several Holpps in the US.

Kindly regards

Roland Holpp

Gail Way (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2001 9:47PM GMT
All I know about my family is they came from Germany about 1895. My grandfather was Chris Holpp. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 30 Jul 2001 9:09AM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2001 8:38PM GMT
Hello -
one of my ancestors was named HOLPP, Chris...tian Gottlieb. He was born here in Neckartailfingen, Wuerttemberg, in 1829-11-05. His profession was farmer and rope-maker. But: He is-nt your ancestor, for he died in 1873-12-29 here in his homeland. I-m looking for all Holpps, I can find, perhaps I-ll find Your Chris...(shortening from christian, I-m shure, thats an old german prename !!!)- I-ll notice it to you. Holpp-family is knwon since about 1500 and many of them emigrated to USA, but also to Russia (Wolga).

Attachments:

Sherry Kunz (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2003 9:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Holpp
Dear gail
I wrote you along time ago ask some info on Chris Holpp and I just found out some more. We are related Chris was my grandfathers stepfather. Please email me at jscckunz@cs.com and I'll give you some more info......
Thanks
Sherry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic