Search for content in message boards

BEERS, Abijah

BEERS, Abijah

Posted: 28 Oct 2001 3:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BEERS, REDFIELD, PUFFER
I am looking for information on Abijah BEERS who was born probably in Connecticut and married 1. Sabra REDFIELD of Saybrook, CT. She was married 1. Hezekiah Post who died and then she married Abijah and all the information I have is that she died soon after the marriage and probably childless. Abijah then married Mary (Molly), I believe her last name was Smith. I think they were married in Ballston, Saratoga, New York. I believe that the first daughter who was named Sabra Redfield Beers was the daughter of Abijah and Molly and named after his first wife, but can't find any proof of this assumption at this time (10/2001). It was a common practice in those days to name the first daughter of a second marriage after the first wife. Sabra Redfield Beers married Benjamin Puffer. Am interested in contacting anyone who might have some information on this line. I need the death of Sabra and the marriage of Abijah and Mary. Thanks for any help, emharmon@ida.net

Re: BEERS, Abijah

Diana Alverson (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2002 6:17AM GMT
Surnames: Beers
I have all 6 volumes of the Beers Books, written by Mary Louise Regan, in them I found 3 Abijah Beers......below is the information I have on these men.....I might be able to furnish you will more information if any of these fit the person you are looking for.

Abijah (5) Beers
b.1756 CT
d. 1784 CT
Father: Nathan (4)
Mother:Lydia Hawley
Wife:Sarah Baldwin
Married: 1780b CT

Abijah (6)
b. 1785 CT
d.1829 CT
Father: Ebenezer (5)
Mother: Ann (Hard) Nettleton
Wife: Abigail Bennett
Married: 1808 CT

Abijah (5)
b. 1751c CT
d. ?
Father:Nathaniel (4)
Mother: Caroline French
Wife: ?
Married: ?

Let me know if I can be of any futher help.

Posted: 31 May 2002 11:21PM GMT
Abijah was born 11 Jan 1771. His place of birth is conjectured to be either in Connecticut or in Ballston, Saratoga, New York. I have been unable to find any record of his birth or christening. I have no further information on his spouse, Mary/Molly Smith.

Posted: 15 Nov 2002 2:57AM GMT
Hello,

By chance does your Beers book have anything on an Abigail Beers born abt. 1783 in South Salem, NY area or perhaps Norwich, Conn.? She married a John Hoit/Hoyt/Haight or something simular.

Thank you.

Diana Alverson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2002 4:27PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 7 Oct 2009 11:41PM GMT
Surnames: Beers, Hoyt
Glen.....who is Abigail's parents and who is her husbands parents. Do you have any information on any of the above.

Another question do you have Microsoft Word.???? I can send you what I have on the Hoyt... etc. I have found about 15 Hoyt's involved with Beers Men and Women and will send it to you soon.

Diana

Posted: 31 Jul 2013 2:46AM GMT
I have all three Abijah Beers'. The first Abijah b. April 7, 1756 d. June 26, 1784 son of Nathan Beers (wife: Lydia Hawley). Abijah's wife Sarah Baldwin. These are all life time residence of Norwalk, Fairfield County, Connecticut.

The second Abijah Beers is a nephew to Abijah (1), his brother, Ebenezer's second wife, Ann Hard has eight children, son #2 they have is Abijah b. January 9, 1785 d. August 30, 1829, married Abigail Bennett (1785-1853). Again, all life time residence of NEWTOWN, Fairfield County, Connecticut.

The third Abijah is brother to Joseph C Beers, who is a stone mason by trade. Joseph birthdate 1804, Minisink, Orange County, New York. Im not sure of Abijahs birthday, but he is the youngest of five children, and I would look around the year of 1815. Probably in Cortland County New York or states southward.

Hope this help you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic