Search for content in message boards

TRYING TO FIND MY KIN

TRYING TO FIND MY KIN

ALFRED CHENEY (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2000 11:03AM GMT
I AM LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON ALFRED CHENEY WHO LIVED IN MASSACHUSETTS OR NEW YORK IN THE 1800'S. HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE RELATED TO PRESIDENT GROVER CLEVELAND. HE WAS MARRIED TO LOUISE EMERSON (RELATED TO RALPH WALDO EMERSON). THEY HAD SIX CHILDREN THAT I KNOW OF: PAUL, RICHARD, ALFRED, BENJAMIN ARNOLD, JANE EMERSON, AND ANN CLEVELAND. I UNDERSTAND THAT HE IS DESCENDED FROM SIR JOHN CHENEY OF ENGLAND. HE ALSO OPERATED A MANUFACTURING BUSINESS OF PIANO KEYS. I AM DESCENDED FROM ALFRED WHO WAS MY GRANDFATHER. COULD POSSIBLY BE RELATED TO VICE-PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE DICK CHENEY WHO LOOKS AND HAS MANNERISMS LIKE MY FATHER AND BROTHERS. PLEASE LET ME HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO. THANKS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Posted: 29 Oct 2000 2:45PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2004 6:09PM GMT
I've wondered about Dick Cheney as well.
Has anyone done a family genealogy workup
on him? It might be interesting to see.

alfred cheney

Posted: 19 Dec 2000 12:49PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 4:58AM GMT
Check the Chaney surname as well, Chaney, Cheney, Cheyne are all interchangeable. Many came from Maryland, starting with Richard who emigrated from England about 1650.
Any luck on the Dick Cheney background? I've wondered myself.

DICK CHENEY ANCESTRY

GLADYS LAIL (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2000 11:56AM GMT

RICHARD CHENEY LINE

GLADYS LAIL (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Richard is a much used name in my family. Do you have any info on the one who came to USA in the 1650s?

richard cheney

Posted: 26 Jan 2001 7:28PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 4:58AM GMT
If this is the one who came to Maryland, there's a lot of info by searching familyhistory.com and ancestry.com by name. The site of his original farm near Annapolis was excavated by archeologists in 1998 in advance of a housing development. The article was in the Baltimore Sun-Times in 1999.

richard cheney

gladys lail (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2001 10:54AM GMT
Thanks for your info. I was able to find Dick Cheney's ancestry at http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/wreitwiesn/candidates2000/chene...

question for alfred cheney

cin brochure (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2001 9:00PM GMT
Do you happen to be the newphew of Ms. Gwen White and father of Missy?
If you are email me at Cinrealtor@aol.com
Jane and I have been researching your line and have information you may want. We checked the St. Marys orginal records last week and found some interesting facts. Your father Alfred stated that he was born in Brooklyn New York - seems like he then went to Mass but not sure will have to check with Jane.

Cheney Family

Posted: 3 Apr 2001 11:26AM GMT
Edited: 3 Feb 2002 4:34AM GMT
I am an ancestor of Richard Cheney, throuth Elizabeth, who married William Ijams. I have not been able to find any more family history. Could you please help me. I am also interested in the Denune, Duvall, Jacob, Cheney, and Forest familys, all from MD.

Thank You

Ed

Re: TRYING TO FIND MY KIN

Posted: 22 Jul 2001 7:18PM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2002 7:25PM GMT
I have a feeling I am going in circles. Are you related to Missy? If so, then we both probably have the same information. If not, then maybe we can help each other out. I am related to the same group of people you mentioned. My grandfather was Benjamin Arnold Cheney, son of Alfred and Louise Emerson. If you want to go into this further, please email me at the above address.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions