Search for content in message boards

Hayward Family

Hayward Family

Terry Underberg (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HAYWARD, TREDWAY, HARTWELL, WHEELER
My 10G Grandfather was George Hayward, born in Isle of Hartney, Kent County, England. Died 23 Mar 1671 in Concord, MA. He and wife, Mary, sailed aboard "Susan & Ellen" and landed May 9, 1635. They settled in Concord. I know of only one son, Joseph, and only the pedigree related to me from then till mid 1800's. Would love further connections to sibblings, and any information of George's family in Kent County England. I'm certainly willing to share what I know.

Joseph Hayward

John Leslie (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hayward Family
This is probably a stretch, but, I am looking for a Joseph (or Jonas) Hayward who came to U.S. inlate 1800's. He had a brother, Isiah, last reported in Monangahela PA in 1896 or 7. Joseph married Cynthia Davis widow of ? Stewart, about 1892 or3. She was considerably older than he and his family in England was distressed about it. Unfortunately, he died in a coal mine in Noble or Guernsey County, Ohio in 1896. Probably not connected to your search, but if you can help me,,,,,, then, Thanks

George Hayward descendants

Joyce Hayward (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HAYWARD, DANFORTH, RICE, MCConnell
Hi,

A relative insists that her research on our Hayward family has also led her to George Hayward b about 1604 in England and married abt 1638 to Mary (unknown last name) He died abt 1671. We (supposedly) descend from son Simon b 1649 Concord d aft 1719 Westboro, MA married to Elizabeth Danforth.

I am trying to prove/disprove this line. I'd love to share with other Hayward researchers.

Joyce

Re: Hayward Family

Posted: 31 Oct 2002 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: Hayward
My husband's family is descended from George Hayward of Kent County, England, died Concord in March 1671. I have some material on the family. If you are interested, please send me an E Mail.

Mary Hayward

Sally Connelly (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2003 3:03AM GMT
Mary,

I have been studying the migration of the Howard/Hayward family branch to Nova Scotia. Let me explain my interest. I am a descendent of Governor Lucius Fairchild of Wisconsin who was an officer in the Civil War. Before he died he wrote an historical sketch of his life for his children. In that sketch he mentions his great grandfather, "Captain Howard" who, went to Nova Scotia and returned to fight in the revolutionary war abandoning his property in Nova Scotia. According to Governor Fairchild, he is from an "old Massachusetts Howard Family of many generations". His brother Cassius Fairchild (also a Brigadeer General) called this great grandfather, "George Howard" or "George Hayward".

Mercy Howard (Fairchild's grandmother) was born in 1776 in Massachusetts and according to Lucius Fairchild was orphaned when her father, Captain Howard/Hayward, dies after a winter in Washington. There are papers filed on her guardianship in Middlesex, Massachusetts that cooincides with Fairchild's historic account.

When I have searched the Howard/Hayward line, I found that a son of George Howard and Hannah Chadwick, Ephraim Howard migrated to Nova Scotia. However, I also found evidence that the children of his brother Jonas who died in Massachusetts probably migrated with their uncle because Jonas' widow Deborah Gilbert Howard was reported to go and then return from Nova Scotia.

There were two George Haywards one the son of Ephriam and Johanna Wheeler who is born in 1735 and the other the son of Jonas and Deborah Gilbert born in 1738 who I have been trying to trace, and who I believe to be the father of Mercy Howard Blair, the wife of James Blair of Blandford, MA and Mantua, OH. (Lucius Fairchild's grandmother). Blairs were also in the Worcester area before moving to Blandford.

I hope some "Howard/Hayward" resercher sees this post and can help in my search of "George Howard/Hayward" who if Fairchild's account was accurate was a great patriot and sacraficed much. You mentioned you had information on the Hayward family and I was wondering if you could help.

Sally Connelly

Posted: 2 Apr 2010 2:19PM GMT
I am curious about what happened to George Hayward who came to NS with his uncle Ephraim Hayward along with the Onslow group in 1759-60. The census says he had 1 son and 2 daughters. I found other information that he may have been married to Sarah Brooks. His brother John came as well and was married to Elizabeth brooks, Sarah's Sister? If you have any additional information on George to share I would be most thankful
Regards
David
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions