Search for content in message boards

Hinsons of Stanly County, NC

Hinsons of Stanly County, NC

James W. Hinson (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hinson, Tucker, Herrin
I am looking for information regrading Samson Hinson and his
offspring. I have quiet a lot of info and am willing to share with others.
I am putting together a Hinson Reunion on Mar. 27, 1999 and am interested in finding relations of Samson Hinson, Rufus Hinson, George Hinson, Daniel Columbus Hinson and etc.

Hinson

Russell Hinson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT

I realize that the reunion has past, however, I am interested in researching my family tree. I know that my grandfather was named James Hinson and lived in either Stanly or Union counties. He had a brother and the two of them married sisters...surnamed Whitley. I would be interested in any information that you have.

Russell

Hinson

Connie Poppleton (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hinson
I am searching for family info and pedigree info on I believe George Hinson. My grandfather married Johanna. They had several children, My grandmother is or was Cora Irene. I am from Arkansas. My grandmother married Bill Burrow and they lived in El Dorado,Arkansas. I have just begun on this branch of the family, and could use a lot of help. Thanks!

Re: Hinsons of Stanly County, NC

Posted: 15 Jul 2001 7:20AM GMT
Edited: 31 Jan 2002 10:42PM GMT
Stanly co. Hinson's--I find that Sampson Hinson emigrated to America from England between 1750 & 1775, docked in N.Y.,moved south to Randolph Co.NC.then to upper SC. to Union co.NC-then Stanly co.NC,Big Lick Township, near Oakboro,NC. He died 10-22-1844 wife?,(sorry Iwould like to know that).They had 4 sons listed-Charles S.10-16-1800 to 10-4-1869-Daniel 1805-John 1809- Jerrimah 1810. You need to let me know where you would like to go from there..Gabby

Posted: 15 Jul 2001 7:35AM GMT
my GGgrandfather was Daniel Cisaro Hinson born 8-3-1845 died 2-2-1924 married Beaddie Burris. Had children George Elias 4-11-1866 to 9-11-55 (my great grandfather) then son Rufus 6-30-1872-then Preston 5-13-1876, then John P. 7-16-1878, then Alias F. 4-26-1883 to 6-1-1958, then Philas 9-19-1885, then David, William, Mary and Eliza. George E. married Beddie Catherine. Children Melville June 1-1887 to 3-1957 married Emma L. Cagle, my grandparents. George had other children-Pearson, B. Harrison, Paul, Bessie, Maggie (Mary), Beddie (Obedience was real name of all the Beddie) and several babies died. If you would like any other info. I have e-mail me. I live in western stanly county NC. Gabby

James W. Hinson (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2001 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: Tucker, Herrin
Reply to Gabby; Samson Hinson had two wives the first being Mary and the 2nd was Sarah who was part Cherokee Indian. Samson was born in 1783 and died 04/27/1868. They had 12 sons one of them being Charles Hinson Charles was married to Milly and they had a son named Jack or Jackson Hinson, wife Fanny and they had a son named Daniel Columbus Hinson not Daniel "Cisaro" Hinson. Daniel Columbus Hinson was married to Obedience Burris Hinson or she was called Bedie.
Daniel Columbus Hinson was my Great, Great Grandfather. James Rufus Hinson was my Great Grandfather and Arthur Hinson was my Grandfather.
Please let me know what all you have on the Hinsons and I'll let you know what I've got.
Thanks, James (Jim) Hinson.

Posted: 21 Jul 2001 5:21AM GMT
Thank you James! All I had was wife ? and 4 sons. I had Sampson b.___d.10-22-1844. Charles S. b. 10-16-1800 died 10-4-1869. Wife Milly. Jack (John) b. 1822, wife Fanny 5 children. Daniel C. 8-3-1845 to 2-2-1924. ( I have his death cert. If you would like to see it.) wife Beadie (ObedienceBurris) they are buried at Pleasant Grove, Frog Pond. My Great grandfather was the first born son. George Elias b. 4-11-1866, died 9-11-55. wife Beedy(Obedience) Katherine, I have their death cert.. I did get to see him, I thought he was Santa because of his long white hairand beard. My grandfather was his first born son, Which they left out of the Hinson book in the Stanly lib..Melville F. b. June 1, 1877 died March 8, 1957. wife Emma Lophelia Cagle b. May 16, 1888, died July 20, 1983. They are buried at Librty Hill, Big Lick. My Father was the 3 child of Melville & Emma. Elias Melvin Hinson b. 10, 25, 1914, died 2-16-1999, wife Anne B. Smith June 28, 1919, died Dec. 4, 1999, buried at Locust Presby. Ch. Locust. Daddy called your great grandfather Uncle Rufe. I have a picture of Daniel & Beddie and their sons. I also have a picture of them and all (not quite all, but most) of the family in from of the old house. My Father wasn't born yet. My grandfather was on the left side holding my Aunt and my grandmother was on the right side holding their second daughter. I have an article from the newspaper of George Hinson and his mill. I also have a list of other Hinsons and when and where they came from and which ones were Indians. If you are in the local area I would be glad to share with you. I am now trying to compile a picture book with all my Grandfathers brothers and sisters' and their death cert. and updating the family. I think I meet your Grandfather (Arthur ) at a funeral I took my Father to. If You live in Stanly or nearby area you can contact me at chmawmaw@bellsouth or contact my son at Locust Police dept. Michael Haigler, Chief. I am now a Troutman. They all know me there. By the way every one new my Dad as Dock Hinson He worked for the NC D.O.T. for 33 years. Hope to hear from you soon! Gabby

Posted: 21 Jul 2001 6:12PM GMT
Classification: Census
Surnames: Hinson-Burris-Whitley-Cagle-Yow-Coley -Cooly-Eury-Smith
Already mail message yesterday. If you didn't receive it let me know.

Posted: 3 Aug 2001 3:50AM GMT
Surnames: Hinson-Burris-Whitley-Cagle-Yow-Coley -Cooly-Eury-Smith
Jim, Hope you received my message. Talked to my cousin Shirley Hinson Drye. She said she thought you were going to England and then publish a book on the Hinsons! Is this true? She lives on McLester road at Big Lick near Daniel C. & George E. Hinson's home place. Her Father was Paul Hinson and her mother is Bertha Burris Hinson daughter of Martin Hayes Burris & Mary Hinson (George's Sisteer). Bertha's mind is very Good. You might want to talk to her about some things.She has a picture of her mom & dad in front of the old Molassi mill. In case you are doing a book with pictures I have a picture of my Grandfather (Melville Hinsson & Emma Cagle) before they were married, and a picture of my Dad went he was helping to run the power into rural stanly co. Also I have a picture of my Dad & Terry Bradshaw when they gave him an retirement award from NC DOT . Also my son Michael Haigler has some of my dad's things. Michael is the Chief of Police here in Locust, NC. You can get local news through Locustpatc/aol. Gabby Toutman/ Locust,NC Wa Do

Posted: 9 Jun 2002 5:16AM GMT
My gg grandfather was named James M. Hinson. He was from Stanley Co. NC. He was born 1851 or 1853. In 1871 he married Elizabeth J. Hudson there in Stanley Co. They had 3 daughters: Eva Samantha, Adella, and Minnie Viola Hinson. By 1890 they were in Leon Co. Texas. James died in 1902 and is burried there. One of his daughters,my g grandmother,Eva Samantha, told of traveling here by wagon train, that she and her family were part Indian and that her father had even been on a reservation at some point. She also spoke of him having to leave from somewhere for shooting a man who insulted women that dipped snuff. I did not listen to enough of those stories when I was young. She even mentioned that at some point, maybe in the 1920s that her mother, Elizabeth J. Hudson Hinson had gone back to Stanley Co. for some kind of reunion or funeral? My grandmother left the family Bible with family names and dates etc. But other than the 1900 Texas Census I have found no trace of my Hinsons. I have found the Hudsons all just as she has them in the Bible. Please let me know if you have my Hinsons in your information. Karen Kerr kerrweinc2002@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic