Search for content in message boards

Keenans of New York

Keenans of New York

Posted: 20 Jan 2001 8:29AM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2001 11:01PM GMT
I am looking for information on William T.
Birth: Jul 6 1899, death Jul 1972. His wife
Marjorie Birth 7 Sept 1905, death Aug 27, 1994. They lived in Loudonville NY. They had
3 children, John Joseph, Margorie and Sarah
(my mother). I have just started the search and would appreciated any information I can get. Thanks.
Jackie

another Keenan source

Posted: 21 Jan 2001 10:26AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 10:57AM GMT
Jacqueline:
Hello.
You may want to try posting your info on my website; KEENAN Surname Researchers Forum at
http://www.delphi.com/keenansurname
There are some other NY KEENAN's (not direct relatives of mine) that have posted there as well. You will also find several other links to other KEENAN websites.
Best regards,
Chuck Keenan

Re: William Keenan

Posted: 3 Feb 2001 8:05PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2002 1:57AM GMT
Jackie,

I just had to reply to this when I saw it on doing a search for my great-grandfather. I am your second cousin ( I was born in Troy, but now live in Oklahoma.) My grandmother (Mary Keenan Riley)was the sister of William T. Keenan (your grandfather). Your mother(Sarah or Sally as I know her) and my father (Paul Riley Jr.)are first cousins. Your and my great-grandparents were Thomas and Honora (O'Brien)Keenan. I have a copy of the article on their 50th wedding anniversary and other information.Please contact me by email and we can further exchange family information. How small the world is today.)
Posted: 3 Feb 2001 8:41PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2002 1:57AM GMT

Jackie,

Since it didn't show up on my last reply my email is curranmk@cottoninternet.net

Re: Keenans of New York

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 9:28PM GMT
My paternal grandfather was named William Keenan and I know he lived in upstate New York. He married Doris Kaiser before I was born and passed away in 1972 in El Monte, California (heart attack). William adopted Doris Keenan's only child, Terrence, who assumed the Keenan name. From what I understand, he was a wonderful, brilliant, gentle man...I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to learn more about him. If we're speaking of the same person, please email me with any information you might have. I have such limited information on my ancestry...

Posted: 4 Oct 2002 5:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,

I also have Keenans ancestors from Troy. Many gaps exist in info., but we may or may not be related. I will have to check out the website that a previous reply to this message suggested. My Keenans are connected to these surnames: Myers, Orr, Otterson, Soohan/Soughan(?).

I'd be happy to exchange further info. if you are interested.

Brooke

Posted: 4 Aug 2009 5:13AM GMT
I have been reviewing past postings for Keenan's from Troy, NY. I believe that our families are related. My great-grandmother was Winifred F. Keenan from Coosan, Athlone, County Westmeath. She married John Charles Tynan in Troy, NY in 1885. Their oldest daughter (my grandmother), Mary Winifred Tynan, was the godmother of Thomas F. and Nora O'Brien Keenan's youngest daughter, Winifred F. Keenan (sister of William T.), who I believe was the namesake of my great-grandmother who died in 1903. Thomas F. Keenan was also from Athlone, County Westmeath. The baptismal certificate of my grandmother's brother Thomas shows that his godfather was a Thomas Keenan (and my grandmother's godfather was a John Keenan). I have not yet been able to establish whether or not he and Winifred were brother and sister but I believe that to be the case. I realize that your posting was from many years ago, but if you receive this please contact me so that we can share information on this Keenan family.

Re: William Keenan

Posted: 4 Aug 2009 5:24AM GMT
I saw your posting in reply to an earlier post regarding the Keenans of Troy, NY. I believe our families are related. My great-grandmother was Winifred F. Keenan of Coosan, Athlone, County Westmeath. I recently found the same article you referenced regarding the 50th wedding anniversary of Thomas F, and Nora O"Brien Keenan where it indicates that he was also from Athlone. Winifred married John Charles Tynan in Troy, NY in 1885. A Thomas Keenan is the godfather of their third son (Thomas) and a John Keenan is the godfather of their first daughter (my grandmother, Mary Winifred). My grandmother was the godmother of Thomas and Nora's younger daughter, Winifred F., who I believe was the namesake of my great-grandmother who died in 1903. I have not yet been able to establish whether or not Winifred and Thomas were brother and sister, but it seems clear to me that they were related. Perhaps you have information that will help with that. I realize that it has been a long time since you were in contact with the person who put up the original posting. I hope that you will receive this and will get in touch with me so that we can exchange information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions