Search for content in message boards

James Madison MUNDON

James Madison MUNDON

Betty Clark (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2001 10:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mundon, Bond
Looking for information on a Soldier's Orphanage in St. Louis. James Madison Mundon's father was killed in Civil War, mother tried to care for children but died soon after her husband and 12 or 13 children were placed in Soldier's Home. We only know the one name James Madison Mundon and the mother's name was Amandy, maiden name BOND. Any info on Soldier's Home (or a list of possibilies) and/or family would be greatly appreciated.

Re: James Madison MUNDON

Posted: 29 Dec 2001 12:37AM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2002 10:32PM GMT
Dear Betty,

The following website has a link called Early St. Louis Orphanages/Asylums which may be of help.

http://genealogyinstlouis.accessgenealogy.com/

Betty Clark (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2001 6:01AM GMT
Surnames: Mundon, Bond
Thanks Georgia, it looks like a great site for research!

Posted: 10 May 2004 2:00AM GMT
This name caught my eye only because it is was a presidents name, the reason is that my GreatGreatGrandFathers name was George Washington Mundon, and that was also a president. Do you think it could be possible that these two men could be brothers? I don't know much about my gggrandfather. I do know that he was married to a woman named Roseanna Rachel Sprig and they lived somewhere in Missouri. Do you know anything about James other brothers or sisters? I would be intrested to know if maybe they are related. Thank you

Posted: 12 Mar 2006 3:14PM GMT
Surnames: McCartney
We may be related. I live in Mo & my grandfather name was Sandusky Mccartney, his wife Ida Mccartney. Their children is Ray, Wanita, Eva, & James McCartney. The name Mundon is very familar, maybe my grandmothers maiden name.

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 10:49PM GMT
Sandusky and Ida were my great grandparents, through their son Ray. My father was Robert (Bob) McCartney, Ray's son. These McCartneys are buried in Bethel cemetery. I just started my family research and would be pleased to hear from relatives. We have annual reunions in Lancaster, MO.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions