Search for content in message boards

Krakow Township, Presque Isle Co

Krakow Township, Presque Isle Co

John R. Wallace, Sr. (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Staniewski, Wisniewski
Casimir Staniewski and his son-in-law, Adalbert Wisniewski, are listed in the 1900 census for Krakow Township, Presque Isle Vounty. Am seeking information regarding them. They immigrated to the U.S. from near Klecko Poland in 1893 After living several years in Alpena, they moved and became homesteaders in Krakow Township, Presque Isle County and were members of St. Casimir's in Posen. Following Adalbert's death in 1913, His wife Hedwig Jadwiga) moved her large family to Baltimore, Maryland where several of her brothers lived. It is believed that two sons, Ignatious and Stanislaus may have remained in Michigan. Ignatious married Cecilia Madaj. Have considerable information to share.

Wisniewski

Posted: 23 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: Wisniewski, Kieliszewski, Kelly
My great-great-grandfather married a Mary Wisinewski in poland and had a Child John Anthony Kelly my great grandfather. They came to America about 1870-72 to michigan. They lived around Posen and Alpena but my grandfather came to California about 1900. I do not know if we are related or not. Can you help?
Posted: 24 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: Kieliszewski, Kelly
Kieliszewski family changed their name about the time they came over here. I think two brothers and a cousin or two brothers and an uncle or three brothers all came over and some went to Posen and some to Alpena. I know some of mine lived in Alpena as did their sons.

Wisniewski

John R. Wallace (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wisniewski, Staniewski, Madaj
Thank you John for your query. Right now, I know of no relationship between your Mary Wisniewski and my Wisniewskis. Do you know where Mary's home was un Poland?
She and John arrived in America about 20 years before my Adalbert and his family did. From Michigan baptism records, I know a Kieliszewski was a godparent for one of Adalbert's children. I have not foun a Kelly link to them.

Thomas Madaj

Barbara Fox (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MADAJ, MAYDAY, MADAY
Thomas MADAJ b. 5 Dec 1859 and wife Apolinaria (Pauline) MNICK, (Mnich, Maine) lived in Alpena MI and had at least 7 children. Their son, Walter MAYDAY is my husband's grandfather. We are looking for any information on this line. We'd be glad to share what we've got. Barbara Fox
p.s. Marianne Hanselman, contact me. Your email address listed has expired.

Madaj

John R. Wallace (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Madaj, Wisniewski, Staniewski
Thank you for your response, Barbara. Other than the Wisniewski marriage, I have very little information on Thomas and his family. Can you share thenames of his his children with me? Do you know where he died and is buried?
Do you know where he was born. Thank you!!

madaj

john r. wallace (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Thank you for your response!!! Yes it is. I have their marriage record dates of death and burial info if you would like to have it. I also have Ignatious SSN application which he submitted while living in Detroit.

Madaj, Mismiwski

Barbara Fox (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Madaj, Mayday, Maday, Mismiwski
The family story was that Pauline (Apolinaria) was born in Posen, Poland. She died in 30 Aug 1937 in Alpena, Alpena, MI. Thomas was born in Dec 1859 and died 22 Aug 1933 in Alpena, Alpena, MI. I am still verifying their children. Is your connection Ignatius Wismiwski and Cecylia Mayday Wismiwski? (Pauline and Thomas' daughter?)

Thomas and Pauline's burial

Barbara Fox (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Madaj, Mayday, Maday, Marzean
from the Holy Cross Cemetery Sexton Records, Alpena, Michigan, 1887-1992
I don't have the book, but I have photo copies of some pages. Block 42, lot 13, Thomas Madaj, husband of Pauline, burial 25 Aug 1933 birth 8 Dec 1853, death 22 Aug, 1933 Block 42, lot 13, Pauline (Apolonia) wife of Thomas burial 2 Aug 1937, birth 2 Feb 1862, death 22 Aug 1933. Also in the same block and lot are Bernard and Agnes (Marzean)Madaj.

Re: Krakow Township, Presque Isle Co

Posted: 19 Sep 2001 2:05AM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2002 2:49AM GMT
John, what kind of information do you have on ceclia Madaj who married your ignatious. You wrote to me many years ago but I was never able to get a reply from you. I question what proof you have of ceclia being thomas's daughter?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions