Search for content in message boards

Hudgins Family with Native American Hertige

Hudgins Family with Native American Hertige

Posted: 11 Aug 2001 3:09AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2003 1:17AM GMT
Surnames: Hudgins
I am helping my husband look for family. The Hudgins with Native American heratige from the Virgina and the Carolinas area some currently in Oklahoma. William Earl seems to be a family name.
Thanks
Tammy

Re: Hudgins Family with Native American Hertige

Posted: 14 Oct 2001 9:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Feb 2002 4:04AM GMT
I have a Benjamin Franklin Hudgins
Married to Susan Caroline Proctor.
Ben, Born July 1827. Died 1912.
Susan , at least 1/2 Cherokee,
Born: Nov. 1,1830. Died Nov.16, 1902

nmargaret (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 2001 2:29PM GMT
I have a great grandfather that is Cheroke Indian and came from OkL. to Illionios. His name is Charles Daniel Hudgins. I am looking for someone that my have came from the same place.

Vern (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2002 6:08PM GMT
I am researching my ggm Josephine Henrietta Hudgens (bn in Ill, family from Cheatham Cty (?) Tenn. She is 1/2 Cherokee. The Hudgens are most likely from Tenn, maybe from Va. The areas that keep coming up in research are Cheatham cty or Williamson cty. They lived in sycamore mills, Tn but she married (frala/fralick line) moving to St. Clair, Missouri. I have pictures of her children (my g.mother and siblings) who look very much descendents of Native Americans.

Posted: 24 Apr 2002 8:18PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2004 6:50PM GMT
Surnames: Hudgins, Davis
Barbara-
I am related to Benjamin Franklin Hudgins & Susan Caroline Proctor. Would love to share infomation with you.

Posted: 26 Jul 2002 2:44PM GMT
Surnames: hudgins
hiya my maiden name is hudgins and i am 2/3 native american indian also looking for my family tree and also family coat of arms and or crest

Paul Rickert (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2002 8:04PM GMT
Did you want to give parents and grandparents names to see if anyone has a connection??\

Paul

Posted: 1 Aug 2002 9:35PM GMT
Surnames: Hudgins Franklin
as far as having native american heritage then hudgins family residing in the brokenbow and hayworth area of Oklahoma high a high percentage of choctaw
My father was Ezra Williams Hudgins Sr. and am his junior
his father was nathan hudgins and mother was clyda hankins
there should be a great deal of information in the military records of this family as a large majority have served since world war I

Posted: 24 Dec 2006 12:31AM GMT
Am decendent of same. mjelrod76060@yahoo.com

Posted: 23 Feb 2008 10:11PM GMT
Surnames: Hudgens, Hudgins, Frala, Frolich, Choctaw, Cherokee
Hello,
I'm the same as Vern above (changed username), the Hudgens research i have is limited. But i do have the Henrietta J. Hudgens born in Ill (1864-ish), Williamson County, Ill regularly comes up. This family may be of Dutch or Scot-Irish descent - with a previous family member involved with an American Indian person - likely a female.

Some of those from the Illinois regions moved down to KY/TN mountains were Choctaw, and mixed with the KY/TN Cherokees (these states were their origins). Then, most were sent to OK.

Thanks for the inform on OK regions. Interesting to review this.

Anybody have Hudgens from Ill or Cheatham, TN or Caldwell county, & Missouri?

The Hudgen i'm searching for is only mentioned as married to William Wesley Frolich in Sycamore, TN (1860ish).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions