Search for content in message boards

Henry Sarah Shaw - Sandpoint, Ontario

Henry Sarah Shaw - Sandpoint, Ontario

Posted: 27 Nov 1999 3:24PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 1:04AM GMT
Hi, I am looking for information on Henry Shaw's parents. Henry was born 1839 in Renfrew, Sandpoint, Arnprior or Shawville, Quebec. Sarah's maiden name was Young. It has been reported that Henry Shaw's father came from Antrim, Ireland. Henry Shaw moved to Forestburg, Alberta around 1905 and homesteaded there. The rest we know!

Re: Henry Sarah Shaw - Sandpoint, Ontario

Posted: 10 Nov 2002 7:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
my grandmother was harriet Louise Shaw and her father was named Henry and had a hotel near sandpoint up the river at Bonnchere Point. contact for more info.

Posted: 10 Nov 2002 7:39PM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2005 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: Shaw
Hi Audrey:

I have written to you at your home email and am anxiously awaiting to hear from you!
Brenda

Posted: 26 Sep 2003 1:08AM GMT
Surnames: Courchesne
My Courchesne grandparents lived at Sandpoint, Arnprior and my mother and her siblings went to school there. Any pictures or history info to share on this area?

Carol (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2005 2:14AM GMT
Surnames: Young, Lefleur, Boindoin, McDowell, Kennedy, Rennick, Tindall, Moffatt
I am researching these families from Shawville, Pontiac County, Quebec, Canada, Young, Lefleur, Boindoin, McDowell, Kennedy, Rennick, Tindall, Moffatt.

How are they intermarried?

Brenda (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2005 3:11AM GMT
Surnames: Shaw, Young, Wilson, McConeghy, McIntyre, Manbridge, Mambridge
Hi Carol:

My only connection to any of your names is the surname Young. Sarah Young was the daughter of Archibald Young and Ellen Wilson. She had known sisters Isabella (James McConeghy), Mary (Henry McIntyre) and brother John (Mary Manbridge/Mambridge). All these childen were born in either Perth Ontario or Bathurst. Archibald was born c. 1813 in Scotland. I know little or nothing of this family and have tried for years to find some info.

My Shaw info is pretty complete now...my ancestor Henry Shaw came from Leitrim Ireland in 1826 and though I cannot prove it yet, I believe that we are related to the Shaw family for whom the town of Shawville is named.

Brenda

Carol (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2005 1:06AM GMT
Surnames: Young, Lefleur, McDowell, Rennick, Kennedy
From present to past: Peter, then Linden, then Robert Young, backwards in time to about 1881, is the line I am researching.

Have you checked familysearch.com.?
or automatedgenealogy.com?
Where is Bathurst?

Where is Sandpoint?

I think a lot of these families got together are Agricultural Fairs, and they came from hither and yon to the Fairs.
Across from Renfrew County, Ont. is Shawville, PQ, and south of Renfrew is Perth on Highway 7.

Posted: 9 Aug 2006 12:42AM GMT
I have all these names in ny family tree. see http://www.tribalpages.com/tribes/peterbees and check out these folks in the Pontiac. I believe that my Great x3 Uncle George McDowell Married an Eliza Shaw and lived in Litchfield Twp.just North West of Shawville Clarendon Twp. Peter

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 9:28PM GMT
Surnames: Shaw
Looking for any info on Arthur Shaw born 1808 in Cloon, Leitrim, Ireland. Joined British army 1827 (69th regiment) settled in Tasmania 1849. Arrived as Army Pensioner Guard (Sergeant) On the "Bangalore" which carried the last lot of British convicts to Australia. Died Green Ponds, Tasmania 1860, Wife Julia Hogan.
Children, Charles, Arthur, Elizabeth, Susan, Following his death both sons were placed into the Queens Orphanage.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions