Search for content in message boards

LOOKING FOR INFO ON THE CARR CLAN FROM IRELAND

LOOKING FOR INFO ON THE CARR CLAN FROM IRELAND

Posted: 20 Jan 2006 8:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Dec 2006 2:28PM GMT
Surnames: CARR
HELLO ,

MY NAME IS ALLISON CARR. I AM LOOKING MY FAMILY TREE DATING FROM IRELAND. FISRT IS MY GREAT- GRANDFATHER FRANCIS CARR ... ALL I KNOW IS THAT HE MARRIED A LADY NAMED BRIDGET NEE MCSHANE.

THEY HAD 8 KIDS: PATRICK, KATE, BRIDGET, MARGARET, FRANK OR FRANCIS, JOHN, MARY AND HUGH CARR.

MY GRAND FATER IS HUGH CARR. HE WAS BORN ON 2/15/1906 IN MUCKROSS, DISTRICT KELLYBEGS, DONEGAL.
HUGH CAR MARRIED MARGARET CAMPBELL IN THE USA IN BROOKLYN. SHE WAS BORN IN KILCAR, DISTRICT KELLYBEGS, DONEGAL. THEY HAD THREE KIDS MARGARET, FRANCIS, AND STEPHEN MY FATHER.

I AM TRYING TO FIND THE REST OF THEM OR ANY INFO DATES OTHER FAMILY ANY CONNECTIONS. IF ANYONE HAS INFO PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH SUBJECT LINE :LOOKING FOR INFO ON THE CARR CLAN FROM IRELAND AT STARNAMMINHEE@AOL.COM

THANK YOU.

Re: LOOKING FOR INFO ON THE CARR CLAN FROM IRELAND

Tom Ward (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2006 6:35AM GMT
Surnames: CARR, WARD, TULLY, McGroarty
Any information for my Great-grandmother, CATHERINE CARR born about 1840 in County Donegal, Inver Parish. Married Michael Ward of Leagans, Inver Parish, Donegal. Had 11 children. If naming patterns were used her parents names would be Jane and John Carr born around 1815. Surrounding townlands were Tievedooly, Castleogary and Meenawullaghans. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 11 Jan 2014 10:56PM GMT
Tom,
I'm not sure if you have found the information your looking for however there are some similarities in my research. There is a Catherine Carr in my family and she was born in Donegal, Ireland around 1841. The family immigrated to New Brunswick, Canada around 1842.
Her father was Solomon Carr 1806 and mother Jane McCrea 1822. She had a brother John 1835, George 1836, Andrew 1840 (my great, great grandfather), Catherine 1841, Solomon 1846, Jane 1848, Rebecca 1849, and James 1853. The last 4 born in New Brunswick.
Hope this might of some help.
Robert Carr

Posted: 13 Jan 2014 7:48PM GMT
Robert, I found your response most interesting. We have a wealth of information on Solomon Carr and Jane McRae. Your gg grandfather, Andrew, is a bit of a mystery, though. If you would like to share some info, contact me at bart@nbnet.nb.ca.

Eric Carr
Fredericton, NB
Canada

Posted: 16 Jan 2014 3:34AM GMT
I have a Catherine Carr in my family tree born in Donegal in abt. 1847. She is the daughter of Solomon Carr and Jane (McCrea) Carr. Do you think there is a connection. I have no information on Catherine.
Robert Carr

Posted: 8 Jun 2014 2:00AM GMT
I believe I may be a part of this family tree and I would love more information. I continued the research that my father gave me and it looks like this is the paternal side of my family:

Solomon Carr b 1805 married Jane Mcrae
John Carr b 1833 married Margaret Graham
Edgar ( Edsel) Carr b 1878 married Mellie Estabrooks
Edson Carr B 1903 ( my dad's grandfather and wife) married Marjorie Harris
Clifford H Carr ( my dad's dad amd wife) married Dolores Roix
Stephen Carr ( my father) b 1955
Samantha ( Carr ) Clemmer ( me) born 1981.

Does that sound about right? My email is sammers2121@gmail.com if anyone has anymore information I would be really grateful. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions