Search for content in message boards

Maude (Burgess) Mosier

Maude (Burgess) Mosier

Posted: 10 Jan 2008 8:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burgess, Mosier
I am trying to find the death date for my grandfather's aunt Maude. She married Lafayette Mosier in Wells County in 1894 but they were longtime Winchester residents. She was born in Indiana about 1871 and was still living in 1940.

Re: Maude (Burgess) Mosier

Posted: 10 Jan 2008 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: MOSIER
Can't give exact date for Maude but do have the following for Lafayette:

The Union City Times-Gazette, Friday, May 18, 1945

Retired Barber Dies At Home In Winchester.

Lafayette Mosier, a retired barber, 80, died at his home, 232 East Washington street, Thursday afternoon after an extended illness.

Besides the wife, Maude, he is survived by one daughter, Mrs. Oren Crandel of Connersville; one granddaughter, Mrs. Robert W. Leonard of Galveston, Texas; two brothers, Ensley Mosier of Muncie and Harp Mosier of Winchester.

The body was removed to the Summers funeral home where it will remain and friends may call after 10 a. m. Friday.

Funeral arrangements will be announced later.

Posted: 11 Jan 2008 12:40AM GMT
Thanks. Now I know she lived at least until 1945.

Posted: 13 Jan 2008 6:45AM GMT
I looked for them in the Fountain Park Cemetery records that I have, which is the biggest cemetery in Winchester for them, and did not find either of them. I also looked in the records from the Union City Cemetery as well. Any idea of where he came from, a family plot or church cemetery link???? You could apply for his death certificate to get his burial information which would lead to her burial, I have the form on line if you want to go that route, or you could call the Historical Museum (765-584-1334)and have them look for her death year in the index. That is if she died here, she might of lived with daughter when she passed and could of been out of the county then?
http://www.pceaze.com/genealogy/rcibios/Tools.html for the forms.
No idea of the Summers funeral home, but the home he lived in is on IN 32, two blocks east of Main street, really close to the creek running through there. He would of been within walking distance of the Winchester Friends Meeting, the Winchester Presbyterian Church, the Winchester Congregation Christian Church, Main Street Christian, Winchester Nazarene Church, and the Winchester Methodist Church. Of course this means nothing unless you know what church he might of been affilated with. Andrea

Posted: 13 Jan 2008 10:18PM GMT
Surnames: Mosier/Freeman/Owens/Gettinger, etc, etc
Layafette Mosier is a brother of my G grandpa Henry Anderson Mosier. I believe Layfe iis buried at Maxville Cemt in Randolph Co, IN along with some of his sibs and his parents & grandparents. But, when you try to look up records for this line be aware that some of the boys spelled their surname MOSER and some MOSIER. I have this line back to Germany in 1648 if I can be of any help.
I was born & raised in Randolph Co, IN and have about a cazillion other bits of info on many surnames from there.
Dave Freeman

Posted: 14 Jan 2008 6:45PM GMT
Maude did have a daughter, Audrey (Mosier) Crandel, who lived in Connersville, in Fayette County, IN, so she may have moved in with her after Lafayette died.

Posted: 17 Nov 2009 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: Mosier, Burgess
I have discovered that Maude died on March 13, 1949, in Connersville, Indiana. She was living with her adopted daughter, and actual niece, Audrey (Burgess) Crandel. Her body was shipped back to Winchester for burial. I presume she was buried with her husband Lafayette Mosier, who died in Winchester on May 17, 1945. According to her Connersville obituary, Maude's real first name was Nellie, and Maude was just her middle name, although everybody called her Maude. There may be more detailed information about her in the Winchester paper's obituary, as that's where she spent most of her life.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions