Search for content in message boards

Crawfords in Monmouth County, New Jersey

Crawfords in Monmouth County, New Jersey

Terry Alexander Crawford, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2000 1:47AM GMT
Trying to find anyone who might know a little something about any Crawfords in Matawan, Aberdeen, Ocean Grove, Belmar, Sea Bright, (Naples, Florida), Union Beach, etc... Thank You Terry Jr.

Monmouth Co. Crawfords

E. Loray (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2000 5:59PM GMT
You may get some assistance from either the Monmouth County Historical Society or the Monmouth County Genealogy Club. The Historical Society is located on Court Street, Freehold 07728. The Genealogy Society is located at: P.O. Box 5, Lincroft, NJ 07738. They will print queries from non-members in their newsletter for $2.

Thank You

Terry Alexander Crawford, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2000 11:19AM GMT
Thanks for the info. I will try it! Terry

Crawford Family

John A. Sass (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2000 1:14PM GMT
Dear Mr. Crawford,
One of the Crawford families of Monmouth County lived in Holmdel, NJ, next to Aberdeen. They owned quite a bit of property and sold most of their land for the construction of the Garden State Parkway in 1953. In fact the Garden State Art Center (now called the PNC Center) was built in the middle of the property. The family cemetery was preserved by the Art Center and is located right in front of the New Vietnam Memorial in Holmdel, NJ. Crawford's Corner-Everett Road is one of the main streets that runs through the town. You may want to get in touch with the Holmdel Historical Society, the people at the Hendrickson House or someone at the Town Hall. They might be able to give you further information. Good luck. John A. Sass

Re: Crawford Family in Holmdel

Posted: 26 Jun 2001 11:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crawford, Stillwaggon, Conner, Braheny,
First, I have to say, there were a gazillion Crawfords in Holmdel, in the past, and many of them named William!
Here are some of ours...maybe a connection?
John Murray Crawford, a carpenter, b.Aug 6, 1877 d.Jan 13,1940 m. Lavinia Conner
John Murray is son of William R.Crawford, a butcher, later a carpenter, died Oct 16, 1930 married to Ellen Braheny, died 1915.
William R. is son of William G. Crawford, a shoemaker b.1808 d. 1870 who on Dec. 5, 1838 married Maria S. Stillwaggon. They lived in Raritan in 1850.

William G. is son of Gilbert Crawford, married to Amey VanCleaf. Gilbert is a 'dead end' to me, so to speak, but we have more for Amey.

Please let me know if you think there might be a connection.
Christina

Posted: 15 Jun 2012 2:10AM GMT
Edited: 15 Jun 2012 2:11AM GMT
Gilbert Crawford is my Great,Great,Great grandfather and 11 years after the previous post is still a dead end for this branch of the "Crawfords of Holmdel" this how my line comes down, James Crawford, George Crawford Alamanza Crawford John Crawford, and me Alan Crawford.

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 3:16AM GMT
Gilbert is my gg grandfather also. Just as frustrated.

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 5:29PM GMT
If you go to Monmouth County home site, County Clerk, Archives, Searchable Databases, Marriage Search, and type in husband's last name and wife's last name as VanCleef, it shows they were married on 25 Aug 1801, marriage performed by Smock, J. If you click that link they will forward information to you. You may be able to find his parents name and exactly where he was born. He is buried at the Holmdel Community United Church of Christ Cemetery, Holmdel.
You can also just put in the husband's last name and all Crawford marriages are listed between 1790-1890.
Good luck in your search.

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 8:34PM GMT
Thanks I will try that, what with living in Fl. It is kind of hard to just post into the courthouse.

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 12:20AM GMT
You're just making a request. When you click the line for Gilbert it takes you to a small form that requests your name and email address, that's all, and they forward the information to you. The County of Monmouth provides a lot of free historical information. If you have any problems let me know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic