Search for content in message boards

FRANK ELMER BOWMAN

FRANK ELMER BOWMAN

Posted: 14 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 12:29AM GMT
Surnames: BOWMAN, BINGAMAN, BLUST, FOLEY, BISHOP
I am looking on info on Frank Elmer Bowman. He was b. June 24, 1890 in LaPorte (City), Blackhawk County, Iowa. His parents were Cyrus (Tyrus, Silas, Syrus)and Mary (Bishop) Bowman. He married Besse Belle Bingaman. I belive he was born at home because there is no record of his birth. The main reason I am looking for info on him is to get info on his parents. Thank You.

Bowman

Phyllis Cramer Plambeck (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bowman
Hello - I think a sister of your Bowman was Ida M. Bowman, and she married a brother of my grandfather, Cornelius Morris Cramer on 18 Dec 1888. I have lots of Cramer info.
Posted: 5 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 12:29AM GMT
Surnames: blust, foley, bowman, bingaman
Hi,
Why do you think they are connected? I am not sure if he had a sister Ida. I only know of Lizzie (Elizabeth). I don't know if he had any more sisters but I am not sure. I have found out a little more info on Franks parents.
Thanks
Posted: 14 Jul 2001 10:32PM GMT
Edited: 8 Apr 2002 10:08PM GMT
Well, it is a long shot, but if you are interested in what I have, then you can decide if it is important. Let me know, Phyl in Reno

Re: bowman

Posted: 14 Jul 2001 11:11PM GMT
Sure, I'll take any info that you may have. I have found out that Frank has at least 6 siblings and one of them was Andrew since he is listed in the Mt. Carroll. IL census of 1910 with Frank.
Thanks,
Posted: 15 Jul 2001 2:30AM GMT
From Black Hawk County Marriages LDS #1034535 -
Groom - C. U. Cramer (middle initial should be M.), res. LaPorte City, farmer, age next 25, b. La Porte City, parents George T. Cramer and Lydia Ann (Lydian in record) Parker, 1st marriage. Bride: Ida M. Bowman, res. La Porte City, age next 17, b. Mount Carl Co (sic) Illinois, parents Cyrus Bowman & Mary Bishop, 1st marriage, m. La Porte City 18 Dec 1888 by C. Esher MG, wits. T. J. Lane et al......If this turns out to be a line that connects with yours, I have Cornelius and Ida children for a few generations. Also loads of info re: Cramer.......Phyl in Reno

Re: bowman

Posted: 15 Jul 2001 8:09PM GMT
Thank You, Thank You.... This seems like a match! I will take any info that you have on this couple. My mother never knew about this sister of Frank's. No one had talked about her or the rest of his family except for Lizzie.
Posted: 15 Jul 2001 8:54PM GMT
Hi Linda - Oh boy - a match! That is great. The C.M. Cramer was one of my grandfather Levi Charles Cramer's older brothers. So, if you do have a verifiable connection, I can furnish loads of info - as I said......However, if you can reply to me personally, it would help me a lot, as this has the advantage of letting others know what is going on, but it is inconvenient.........I can send attachments, or stuff by snail mail - which ever is best...... Phyl in Reno
Posted: 15 Jul 2001 8:58PM GMT
#2 for today!.....It would help me a lot if you have any information on the Bowman family. This is also very interesting because the first Cramer (Kreamer) who came to America in 1710 with the Palatines, married a Baumann (Bowman) for his second wife.....This might all tie together.... Phyl in Reno
Posted: 17 Sep 2001 2:13PM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2002 1:38PM GMT
Surnames: Cramer/Kramer,Dierks,Schroeder,Dimmitt,Roller
Would you happen to have a George Cramer that lived in Iroquois Co.,Illinois in 1871 ? I don't have a middle initial for him or much else to go on. I have a marriage license from 1871 where he married a Gesina Maria Dierks.
Their children were : Ben 1874;Ill.-1942;Idaville,IN.,
Lambert 1879;Ill.-1942;Idaville,IN, Onno 1879;Ill.-1933;Ill.
Anton 1885;Ill.-1972;Idaville,IN , George 1883;Ill , Maggie and Kate Cramer .
I have been told that George may have been married 3 times. Gesina remarried in 1888 to Riender Schriefer.
I have hit a major brick wall on the Cramer's ! If you might have any info on my Cramer's , I would greatly appreciate it .
per page

Find a board about a specific topic