Search for content in message boards

Centre Co, PA. Marriage Look-up GINGRICH & STAMM (1840's)

Centre Co, PA. Marriage Look-up GINGRICH & STAMM (1840's)

Posted: 19 Mar 2003 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BERNHARD, Stamm, Gingrich,
Marriage Look up Please for Centre County, PA in the German Reform Church, Boalsburg, Pa (1840's). STAMM's & Gingrich. Possible marriages: John GINGRICH (1805-1867) marr: about 1842 Anna STAMM (1817-1877). Christian GINGRICH (1812-aft1880) marr: Maria STAMM (1819-1862); Benjamin STAMM (1814-1888) married 1844 Elizabeth GINGRICH (1815-1883); & Charles W. STAMM (1817-1903) married 1845 Mary GINGRICH (1817-1875). Thank you in advance for doing these lookup's. Patsy in Alaska :)
Gingrich/Gingerich & STAMM /Stem/Stam

Re: Centre Co, PA. Marriage Look-up GINGRICH & STAMM (1840's)

bonnie (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2004 6:34PM GMT
I noticed your inquiry. I am also researching the Stamm line. My father was a Stamm. His grand parents were david s.and Rebecca Snook Stamm. My father was born in Millhiem pa. in 1891 to William and annie Stover Stamm. His father died in a logging accident in 1899 leaving annie with 5 children. I have not been able to fine out who Jacobs parents were although I have his obit

Centre Co, PA. STAMM (1840's)

Posted: 23 May 2004 11:32AM GMT
Surnames: BARNHARD / STAMM
Bonnie if you will E-Mail me personally I will put you in contact with a STAMM researcher. This is what I know about the STAMM --- Happy Digging. Patsy
"History of Northumberland County" p.1123 it is my opinion Henry F. & Franklin H. are the same person.-------
EDWARD J. STAMM, farmer, was born in Lewis township, Northumberland county, Pennsylvania, December 15, 1839, son of Jacob and Mary (DEIFENBACHER) STAMM. The father was born in Berks county, Pennsylvania, in 1808, removed to this county with his father, Frederick STAMM, in 1816, and settled on a farm in Turbut township. Frederick STAMM afterwards moved to Centre county, but in a few years returned and died upon the old homestead. He was a prominent member of the Reformed church, and served as deacon and elder for many years.
Jacob STAMM, the father of Edward J. STAMM, was brought up on the homestead farm which in later years he purchased. In 1834 he married Mary DEIFENBACHER, daughter of Philip DEIFENBACHER, of Montour county, this State. He learned the trade of carpenter, which he followed for many years. He was an influential Democrat, and served as overseer of the poor over eighteen years; he also filled various other township offices, and was a member of the Paradise Reformed church, of which he was deacon and elder for many years. He died on the 28th of October, 1881, and his widow survives with her son, Edward J. STAMM. Her children are named as follows: William B.; Edward J.; Daniel D.; Franklin K; Levi F., and P. L. Our subject received his education at Limestoneville, Turbutville, and Milton, after which he was employed as a teacher sixteen years. He settled upon his present farm in 1871. He was married in 1866 to Amelia A. BERGER, daughter of Jacob Berger, of Montour county, Pennsylvania. By this union six children have been born: Alovesta M. E., wife of Franklin Lahr, of Turbut township; Hurley W.; Grace C.; Lloyd W.; Charles E., and Ralph Jacob. Mr. STAMM is a Democrat; he has served as overseer of the poor and in other township offices. He is one of the stockholders and directors of The Record Publishing Company, and a stockholder of the Milton Creamery Company. He is a member of the Reformed church, while his wife belongs to the Lutheran church. [6].
-------STAMM ----
They had children as follows: Mrs. John Frymeyer; Jacob; Henry, who died in Turbut township; Mrs. Samuel Stahlnecker; Mrs. Conrad Diefenbacher; Benjamin, who died in Center county; Charles, who died in Center county; Mrs. John Gingrith; Mrs. Christian Gingrith (John and Christian Gingrith were brothers); Mrs. John Catterman; Daniel, who died in Montour county; Mrs. Myers; Dr. William, who died near Pittsburg, Pa.; and one that died in infancy. [1].
-----
Frederick STAMM, the grandfather of Levi F. STAMM, of Turbut township, Northumberland county, was evidently one of the sons of Nicholas, above, having been born in Bern township, Berks county, near the Bern Church, Feb. 17, 1782. In 1816 he came to Northumberland county, settling near the Paradise Church in Turbut township. Afterward he lived for a time in Center county, Pa., but returned to Northumberland in a few years and died on the old homestead. He was one of the pioneers in the region, and made the trip hither from Berks county by team. His wife, whose maiden name was BARNHART, died in Center county and is buried there, at the Loop Church at Center Hall.
Frederick STAMM died in Turbut township Sept. 11, 1859, aged seventy-seven years, one month, twenty-four days, and is buried at the Paradise Church. He was a Reformed member of that church and active in his congregation, which he served many years as deacon and elder. They had children as follows: Mrs. John FRYMEYER; Jacob; Henry, who died in Turbut township; Mrs. Samuel STAHLNECKER; Mrs. Conrad DIEFENBACHER; Benjamin, who died in Center county; Charles, who died in Center county; Mrs. John GINGRITH; Mrs. Christian GINGRITH (John and Christian Gingrith were brothers); Mrs. John CATTERMAN; Daniel, who died in Montour county; Mrs. MYERS; Dr. William, who died near Pittsburg, Pa.; and one that died in infancy.
Jacob STAMM, son of Frederick, was born in Berks county in 1808. He grew to manhood upon the homestead farm in Turbut township, which he later purchased, and when a young man he learned the trade of carpenter, which he followed for many years. A prominent worker in the Democratic party in his locality, he served over eighteen years as overseer of the poor and held various other township offices, proving a faithful and intelligent public servant. He was an active member of the Reformed congregation at Paradise Church, and served many years as deacon and elder. In 1831 he married Mary DEIFENBACHER, daughter of Philip Deifenbacher, of Montour county. Mrs. STAMM was born in 1811, and died in 1899, long surviving her husband, who passed away Oct. 28, 1881. They are buried at Paradise Church. The following children were born to this couple: William B. (died Dec. 31, 1898, aged sixty-eight years, twenty-six days) married Catharine Berger; Edward J., born in Lewis township Dec. 15, 1839, died Feb. 7, 1909, a farmer, married Amelia Berger; Daniel D., born in 1842, died in 1901, married Susan Rangler; Franklin H., born in 1843, died in 1911, married Annie Snyder; Levi Frederick is mentioned below; Philip L., born in 1848, died in 1906, married Susan
Bellman.
LEVI FREDERICK STAMM, son of Jacob, was born Jan. 6, 1845, in Delaware township, this county, received his education in the township schools and in a graded school at Limestoneville, Montour county, and was engaged in teaching for two years, at East Lewisburg and at Kiefertown. After that he farmed in Lewis township for one year, at the end of that time settling in Turbut township, where he has since remained. Buying the SCHAEFER homestead (that of his father-in-law) of 177 acres, he prospered in his agricultural work, and also acquired an adjoining tract, of sixty acres, all valuable land, being classed among the best farm acreage in the county, abundantly supplied with good water. Mr. STAMM continued active farm work until 1892, since which year he has lived retired, his successful career having enabled him to rest from heavy responsibilities for many years. He is a Reformed member of the Paradise Church and has held offices in his congregation.
In 1868 Mr. STAMM married Sarah SCHAEFFER, and they have three children: Cora married Robert SHEEP and has one child, Neta; Ida married Andrew KURTZ and has two children, Mildred and Dorothy; Oran S., born in 1877, a clerk in the employ of the Milton Manufacturing Company, married Catharine SATTESON and has one child, Thelma. Mrs. STAMM's grandfather was Peter SCHAEFFER, and her parents were Eli and Elizabeth (Glase) SCHAEFFER, the former of whom died Aug. 19, 1886, aged sixty-five years; his wife died Nov. 21, 1887, aged sixty-two. Genealogical & Biographic Northumberland Co, PA; Floyd; 1911; pp.807-808.

STAMMS: Centre Co, PA
DEATH: Benjamin STAMM 84y 6m 24d b: Berks Co, PA, d: 29 Apr 1899 of dropsy ... Paralytic. [9].
BURIAL: Boalsburg Cemetery, Centre County, PA. [9].
Children: Benjamin B. (1850-1911) & Calvin L. (1884-1962) m: 1913 Claudia V. Snyder.
OBIT: Death of Mr. STAMM - The death of Benjamin STAMM last Wed. at his home just east of Boalsburg removes another old patriarch, and one who, for almost three quarters of a century, was one of the respected and reliable men of Penns Valley. He was born in Berks Co. 84 years ago, but came to Centre Co. when quite a young man. For more than 50 years he had occupied the home in which he died and there he kept open house entertaining everyone in a most gracious and cordial manner. In church & political affairs he was one of the standbys of the community, always loyal and faithful to the Democratic party, and ever doing for the Reformed church and its work. His first wife, Elizabeth GINGERICH, died 16 years ago, and after her death he married Emma Lee of Tusseyville who survives him. He is also survived by a son Benjamin and a brother Charles STAMM . . . etc." d:Apr 1899.
WILL: Benjamin Stam: To my wife Emma, To my sons Benjamin and Calvin L. STAM, In case of my death my two sons. Then the balance to be divided share and share alike to my wife's two children Herman Long and Effie Long. My wife to take good care of my son Benjamin (who is ill) and at his death a tombstone is to be erected for him and one placed at my grave. I appoint my wife Emma R. Stam, Executioner of my will signed this 14 of Nov. 1887. Benjamin STAM. [9].
1850 C: Benjamin STEM 36 PA (farmer 900); Elizabeth 34 PA; + John Campbell 17 PA; p.98 L369 #1240, Harris Twp, Centre co, PA. [Image #1].
1860 C: Benjamin STEM 46 PA (farmer 5000/1100); Elizabeth 45 PA; Benjamin B. 10 PA; + John Campbell 15 PA (farm Lab). p.548 L9 #775, Harris Twp, Centre Co, PA. [Image #8].
1870 C: Benjamin STEM 56 PA (farmer 7140/1595); Elizabeth 54 PA; Benj B. 20 PA; + Catherine Rouse 17 PA. p.523 L27 #222, Harris Twp, Centre Co, PA. [Image #31].
1880 C: Benj STAMM 65 PA PA PA (retired farmer); (wf) Elizabeth 64 PA; (son) Benj B. 29 PA (); (servant) Lanah Smith 22 PA. p.408b L4 #132, Harris Twp, Centre Co, PA. [Image #14].
1890 C: Benjamin ST___, Emma B. Benjamin B. 40. Calvin L. 6, Harris Twp, Centre Co, PA. [9].
1900 C: Emma STAMM 46 (wd) b: Dec 1853 PA PA PA m: 17 yrs 4c/3L; (dau) Effie M. Long 19 b: Feb 1881 PA; (son) Calvin L. STAM 15 b: July 1884 PA; (step-son) Benjamin B. STAMM 49 b: July 1850 PA <s> (). p.206b L68 #116, Harris Twp, Centre Co, PA. [ED20 S5]. [Image #10].
1910 S: Emma R. STAMM age 55 (wd) PA PA PA 4c/2L; (son) Calvin L. 25 PA; <s> Benjamin STAMM age 59 PA PA PA <s>. p. 252b L71 #97, Harris Twp, Centre Co, PA. [ED21]. [Image #8].
Emmanuel's Church Cemetery in Tusseyville, 1928 & 1929 but not 1997.
Stamm, Elizabeth Keen d. Jul. 4, 1864, 77y. 9m, b. Nov. 4, 1786
Stem, Polly b. Sep. 2, 1825; d. Sep. 14, 1847
---
Democratic Watchman, Centre County, Pennsylvania, 21 August 1905
Obituary: Charles STEM an aged and well known citizen of Harris Township died at his home near Linden Hall, on Tuesday morning. He was born in Northumberland, 86 years ago but came to Centre County, when only a boy and settled in Harris township. There for years he prospered as a farmer and only retired when he was no longer able to work. He was a member of the Reformed church of Boalsburg. Politically he was an earnest advocate of the Democratic party and was always loyal to its principles. He was a good citizen and a kind husband and father. He was twice married and is survived by his second wife who was Miss Campbell. Of his first children four sons are living, Charles STEM, of Altoona, and William STEM of Mackeyville, who were children of his first marriage, and Clarence and Clyde of the second marriage. Funeral services were held on Thursday morning and interment was made at Tusseyville.
[7]. "One Branch of the STAMM family of America"; 1991; Tony Seidel; revised 7/25/1994. *Tony SEIDEL 15920 Curtis Ct. Sanora, Calif 95370 <yuccamunga@yahoo.com> *3/2002.
[8]. STAMM/Gingerich Researcher: John <john.schillings@verizon.net> *3/23/2003.
1850 C: Charles STEM 32 PA (farmer 4000); Mary 32 PA; William 3 PA; Charles 1/12 PA; + Mary GINGRICH age 74 PA. p.121 L16 #1566, Harris Twp, Centre co, PA. [Image #47].
1860 C: Charles STEM 42 PA (farmer 4000/700); Mary 42 PA; John W. 13 PA; Charles 10 PA; + Nancy Markle 16 PA (servant); + Mary GINGERICH age 84 PA. p.548 L13 #776, Harris Twp, Centre co, PA. [Image #8].
1870 C: Charles STEM 52 PA (retired farmer); Mary 52 PA; Charles 20 PA. p.519b L4 #172, Harris Twp, Centre Co, PA. [Image #24].
1880 C: Charles STAMM 62 PA PA PA (retired farmer); (wf) Mary H. 33 PA; (son) Klide M. 1 PA. p.409 L17 #146, Harris Twp, Centre Co, PA. [Image #15]. Charles m2: Mary H. Campbell.
1900 C: Charles STAMM 82 b: Oct 1817 PA PA PA (- Owns Farm) m:22 yrs; (wf) Mary H. 47 b: July 1852 PA PA PA m:22 yrs 5c/2L; (son) Clyde M. 21 b: Apr 1878 PA (farm lab). p.207b L56 #135, Harris Twp, Centre Co, PA. [ED20 S6]. [Image #12].
Emmanuel's Church Cemetery in Tusseyville, Centre Co, PA; 1997.
1284 STAMM, Charles, d. 1903-08-18, age 85-10-13.
626 STAMM Mary, d. 1875-11-12, age 58-04-17, W/o Charles.
1278 STAMM Catherine, b. 1785-07-17, d. 1857-05-07, age 71-09-20, BERNHARD W/o Frederick. *** Catherine is the reason I'm digging Stamm's She's one of the gt aunt's
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions