Search for content in message boards

ALL SHORT CREEK McCULLOCH/McCOLLOCH FAMILIES

ALL SHORT CREEK McCULLOCH/McCOLLOCH FAMILIES

Fred Higgins Marshall (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McCULLOCH, McCOLLOCH
I am searching for all descendants of Col. John McCulloch (b. ca. 1726) & Sarah Inskeep their children: Elizabeth m. Ebenezer Zane; Maj. Samuel of Leap fame; Maj. John m. Mary Burkey; Sarah m. Lt. Jacob Coleman; Capt. Abram m. Alcy Boggs; and Capt. George m. Margaret Wilson.

And the descendants of Col. John McCulloch's brother Col. George McCulloch (b. ca. 1728) m. 1st. Catherine Van Meter 2nd. Catherine Hedges his children were: Jane m. Wm. Bonar; Capt. Samuel m. Nancy (Agnes) McMechen; Capt. William m. Nancy Zane; Pvt. George, Jr. m. Catherine Scritchfield; Rebecca m. ? ; Pvt. Silas m. none; Solomon m. Jemima Petty; Hannah m. 1st. ? Dowden 2nd. James M. Workman; and John m. ?

Col. John and Col. George McCulloch's families moved to Ohio Co., W. Va. around present Short Creek area in ca. 1770 whould like to correspond with any and all descendants. Have and Need much information! Thank You.

Abram McColloch

Kelly (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McColloch, McCulloch
I have an Abram McColloch born 17 May 1844 in this same area. He married Druscilla Ridgley Jacob born 5 March 1846
in the same area. From what I understand they are both either buried in the Short Creek Cemetary or not too far
from there. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

McCulloch

Posted: 17 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2002 5:01PM GMT
I have an Abraham McCulloch

Susan Burns Nov 1821 m. Abraham McColloch (a nephew of Major Samuel McCulloch of the famous "leap") They lived in Short Creek, WV (Ohio Co) 1850 Ohio Co census ,page 211, Nov. 11 Lists Abraham McCollough, age 50, farmer 8000 Va., wife Susan 19, Daughter, Susan, age 2 and son William, age 8-1/2.

McColloch

Christine Jones (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McColloch, Rickards, Lawrence
My Grandmother is the daughter of John Samuel McColloch Born: Feb. 2, 1896 and died on Sept. 9, 1939 (Died because a coalmine collasping) He married Amy Rebecca Rickards. She was born on Jan. 8, 1897 and died May 7, 1978. They was married on Jan 24, 1920.

After John's death, Amy remarried, James Walter Steele (I believe to be her second husband).

John and Amy had 3 daughters: 1) Mary Kathryn McColloch m. Earl Lawrence Jr.; 2) Dorothy Rebecca McColloch: and 3) Elsie Lee McColloch

They are cousins of Major Samuel McColloch. I'm not sure how the connection is made. If you could help, please email me at cmjones@peachnet.campuscwix.net

Thanks

Christine Jones

Jesse Mitchell (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mcculloch
I am reading a book about the area and came across some mcculloch info for you. I got it on pg 17 of "That Dark and Bloody River" by Allan W. Eckert.

Samule and Rachel Mcculloch moved to Short Creek in 1770. Only one of the two daughter was with them, Nancy, the other daughter, Elizabeth, had already married Ebenezer Zane. There was four sons, Samuel, John, Abraham, and George. All the children were grown and when the parents became fearful of Indian attacks they moved back to the South Branch Potomac. The children stayed in Short Creek.

Hope this helps.

Re: ALL SHORT CREEK McCULLOCH/McCOLLOCH FAMILIES

Posted: 3 Mar 2002 5:36AM GMT
Surnames: McColloch, Miller, Buchanan
My grandfather, Charles Henry Buchanan's mother was Mary Jane Miller (m/1 to Thomas Burkhead and had 3 children, m/2 to William Johnson Buchanan and had 3 children). Mary Jane's mother was Mary Ann McColloch (m. Aaron Miller), daugher of Joseph McColloch (m. Margaret Shephard), son of Maj. Samuel McColloch.

If you have any more info to share, please contact me.
kbussie@mwt.net

Posted: 11 Nov 2002 5:58PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Wise and McCllouh
I have a picture of my GGrandmother with I am a great nice to Major McCulloch of the leap on the back of it. I have her name Ann Wise Her Father ,George W. Wise, His father Isaac Wise Married Elzabeth McCllough I can"t find her father so don"t know what brother of Major Sam McClloch she belong too would love to find out Ardith Miele thank you.

Karen Parker (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2002 12:41AM GMT
Surnames: MCCULLOCH, ZANE, PIPER, PARKER, HARTLEY, INSKEEP, FINK
Col. John McCullogh and Sarah Inskeep are my 5ggrandparents, Ebenezer and Elizabeth Zane my 4ggrandparents, from there the line goes to
Daniel Francis Zane and Cynthia Zane (first cousins who married)
James William Zane and Caroline V. Fink
William Francis Zane and Martha Hartley
John Franklin Piper and Caroline (Carrie) Virginia Zane
Edward Lavern Parker and Caroline Virginia Piper

If you would like details on any of these please let me know. I have very little information on the McCullochs

Posted: 18 Nov 2003 9:28PM GMT
Surnames: McColloch, Witten, Kelly
My line is Jonathan McColloch (m. Narcissa Kelly in 1823), son of John McColloch, Jr.(m. Mary Bukey), son of John McColloch (m. Sarah Innskeep). My Jonathan and Narcissa moved to Missouri with their daughter Anne Eliza McColloch and son-in-law Kinsey Dickerson Witten. Would enjoy sharing any info. on this family. Does anyone know siblings of Anne Eliza McColloch?...did they stay in Short Creek area?

Posted: 30 Nov 2003 10:43PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jan 2004 9:45PM GMT
Surnames: Bukey, McColloch
I'm afraid I have no information in direct response to your question. However, I am related to Mary Bukey who married John McColloch. (Her brother John is my 5GGrandfather.) I have quite a lot of information about the Bukey's, but I have been unable to learn much about John and Mary. Do you know where they died and are buried? I have some evidence that they moved from Short Creek to Albemarle Co., Virginia, and John may have died there in 1821.

Let me know if you are interested in more Bukey information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic