Search for content in message boards

JONES, Margaret (THOMAS)

JONES, Margaret (THOMAS)

Posted: 8 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 3:09PM GMT
Surnames: JONES, THOMAS, KENDRICK, DAVIS, GRIFFITHS
Margaret (THOMAS) JONES died 13 Aug 1905 in Barneveld, Iowa, WI. Buried in White Church Cemetery, Barneveld, Iowa, WI. Obituary typed as written:

MRS. LEWIS JONES DIED AT HER HOME NEAR BARNEVELD
Mrs. Lewis JONES died at her home near Barneveld, Sunday morning, August 13, 1905. Margaret THOMAS was born February 4, 1848 in Wales the daughter of George and Mary THOMAS. At the age of 7 years she came with her parents, to this country, who settled in what is now the town of Brigham near Ridgeway. In 1863, she was united in marriage to Lewis JONES. To this couple eight children were born, of whom seven are now living, one daughter having died in early womanhood. The children living are John A. JONES of Cripple Creek, Colorado and Mesdames Clara Mrs. E. G. KENDRICK, and Ella, Mrs. W. J. DAVIS and Messrs; George, Edwin, Elmer and Arthur, all of whom live at this place. The deceased was of a kind disposition and always be on the side that was right, and was a faithful member of the Congregational church of this place, for many years. For a number of months she has been in declining health, and on Thursday morning she lost conscientiousness and remained in that condition until her death.
The funeral occurred from her home on Monday leaving the house at 12 o'clock. Services were held at the church of which she was a member, conducted by her pastor, Rev. James Rowe. Interment took place at the White Church
cemetery, the remains being followed to their last resting place in a large precession of, mourning relatives and friends. In addition to her husband and children she is mourned by one sister, Mrs. D. R. GRIFFITHS, and six brothers, Thomas F., John C., William, Daniel, Joseph, and George THOMAS, all of whom were present at the funeral, except Thomas and William. The bereaved family have the sympathy of a host of friends in their sorrow.
Through the medium of the Chronicle we wish to thank those who so kindly assisted during the sickness, death and burial of our beloved wife and mother and sister.

Kendrick Family Tree

Kathy Kendrick (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
I have been trying to locate members of the Kendrick Family in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

I am the Granddaughter of Henry Kendrick Sr. and Roxanna Pearl Boynton.

Henry was born in Newport, Wisconsin June 27, 1854

His Father was Joseph Kendrick born about 1817.

Mother was Ruth Armstrong born in England about 1821.

Is Mrs. E. G. Kendrick or her husband part of this family line? Or perhaps once again I have found a new branch for my family tree.

Kathy
Posted: 20 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 3:09PM GMT
Surnames: KENDRICK
I am sorry but I have no idea. I only know that E. G. KENDRICK is Ephraim G. KENDRICK, I do not know who his parents or siblings were.

Dianne in Michigan

Re: JONES, Margaret (THOMAS)

Posted: 18 May 2012 10:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 May 2012 11:18PM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Thomas, Davis, Kendrick
Margaret Thomas Jones is my Great grandmother. He daughter Ella (Mrs. William Davis) is my grandmother. Ella had two children, John A. Davis and Margaret Davis Tyrrell. My grandmother came to South Dakota with her husband when her children were 7 and 4 years old in 1905. They farmed at Wolsey, SD near Huron SD where they also owned a home. My father was John A. Davis. Ella, Wiliam, John and Margaret Davis are all buried at Riverside Cemetery in Huron, SD. I would like to find family members. I know my grandfather George Thomas and Mary Richards Thomas came over from Wales in about 1855 and would like to go back farther. I have a photos of Clara Kendrick and a couple other Kendrick photos and some of her brothers to share. Mary Lou Davis in South Dakota

Posted: 19 May 2012 4:52AM GMT
Hi Mary your are my 4th cousin. I have been doing family research on the George Thomas, Mary Richards also George's brother Daniel Thomas and his wife Margaret Richards (Mary's sister. I am will to help you in any way that I can. I look forward to hearing from you.
Dianne in Michigan
familytree1944@gmail.com

Posted: 19 May 2012 5:40AM GMT
Surnames: thomas, Jones, Davis, Kendrick
I am so excited to hear from someone so quickly. I thought maybe the post was no longer valid. When I saw the obituary you posted, I was afraid to touch the computer for fear it would freeze and I would lose it. I have a pretty good typed up family tree which was put together by Amelia Thomas Klusendorf about 1980. It only goes back to when George and Mary Richard Thomas came to the US. She was the daughter of Daniel A Thomas. I will post to the gmail address you gave, but wanted it to show up here. I have four or five Kendrick professional photos as well as some of Ella's brothers.

Posted: 19 May 2012 1:59PM GMT
Surnames: Thomas, Kendrick, Lynch
I have a Thomas Jefferson Thomas b. ca 1870 in Brigham, Iowa Co., WI, son of Walter Thomas and Margrit Kendrick in my tree. Thomas married Kathryn Lynch, my 1st cousin 2 times removed, on 5 Feb 1902. They had one child Helen Thomas. I have been unable to find out whatever happened to Thomas. Do you have any information on Thomas, or his family, you could share?

Posted: 19 May 2012 4:44PM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Kendrick, Thomas
I am sorry,I do not have a Thomas Jefferson Thomas in my tree. My great aunt is Clara Jane Jones b.Aug 10, 1872 daughter of Margaret Thomas Jones and Lewis Jones. Clara, was my grandmother's (Ella Jones) sister. Clara married Ephriam Kendrick, b.1865. They were married in 1890. They had two children, Mayme Kendrick Sept 25, 1891; and Ercell Kendrick, b. Feb. 10, 1893. I have beautiful professional photos of them. Clara's line is up to date to 1979. I do not have a Walter Thomas or Margrit Kendrick in my tree either. I'm sorry I couldn't be helpful. Mary

Posted: 19 May 2012 5:13PM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Murphy
I have this family in my tree because Clara Jane Jones' brother Edwin David Jones married my 1st cousin two times removed Vienna Murphy. Small world.

Posted: 19 May 2012 6:33PM GMT
Surnames: Jones
My book shows that. She is listed as Viola Murphy, born in 1882 in Mazomanie, Wisconsin and buried in the Catholic Cemetery in Mazomanie. Which is interesting. Edwin David Jones must have converted because the Jones family shows a lot of Congregationist. And my aunt belonged to the Congregational Church here, so she carried on the long traditon.

Must have been because of all the large families, everyone was somehow shirt tail relation.

Fun fact...thanks for sending the information that we are "family." :-)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions