Search for content in message boards

Charles McCarthy, Civil War Veteran, Luzerne Cty, PA

Charles McCarthy, Civil War Veteran, Luzerne Cty, PA

Posted: 8 Jun 2000 9:10AM GMT
Edited: 26 Dec 2001 6:54PM GMT
I am seeking descendants of Charles McCarthy who received an honorable discharge from the Union Army on May 25, 1865. He was from Luzerne County, Pennsylvania. His wife was Marie. He had at least six children. Please contact me at my e-mail address: Rmbev@aol.com. Thank you

R E McCARTHY

Posted: 4 Jul 2000 7:10PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 2:32AM GMT
THE McCARTHY I AM RESEARCHING WAS ALSO IN THE CIVIL WAR -- HOWEVER HE WAS IN THE CONFERDERATE ARMY -- HE WAS IN MISSISSIPPI COMPANY B -- OUR ANCESTOR M W SHANAHAN SERVED WITH HIM -- HIS WIFE LIVED IN CAREYTOWN MO AND WE HAVE CORRESPONDENCE FROM HIM AND HIS WIFE TO THE FAMILY EVEN AFTER THE WAR ENDED WE WOULD LIKE TO FIND ANY OF HIS DESENDENTS -- WHAT IS THE CHANCH THAT BOTH OF THESE ARE RELATED BUT THE FAMILY WAS SPLIT BY THE WAR !
ANY INFO YOU CAN SHARE WILL BE APPRECIATED.

McCarthy

Posted: 5 Jul 2000 5:46AM GMT
Edited: 26 Dec 2001 6:54PM GMT
An aquaintance of a friend of mine has a certificate, perhaps a discharge, of Charles McCarthy of Luzerne County, PA. She apparently obtained it as a collectible. She is not related to the McCarthy family but would like to see it returned to descendants. Since my friend knows that I am very much interested in genealogy, she asked my help.

I do not know anything about the McCarthy family, but I know that this would be a real treasure to Charles McCarthy's descendants if they have any interest in family history.

Unfortunately, I am far from Luzerne County; therefore, I am unable to do much research on this matter.

There are absolutely no strings attached to this offer. The lady who possesses the certificate would simply like to return it to the family.

Rosemarie
Posted: 5 Jul 2000 4:52PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 2:32AM GMT
PLEASE CONTACT ME BY EMAIL
WE CAN EXCHANGE MORE INFO TO SEE IF THEY ARE CONNECTED LOOK FORWARD TO TALKING WITH YOU MORE

Re: McCarthy

Joyce (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2001 3:58AM GMT
Surnames: McCarthy
Hi,

Just saw your message about a discharge paper for a Charles McCarthy. Do you know if your friend still has these papers? I have a little bitof information about my Charles who did spend some time in PA although i do not yet know where in PA. Can I contact her for more information?

Thanks
Joyce

blondell embrey (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2001 2:29AM GMT
Surnames: McCarthy
can you tell me how to contact this lady?
thanks

blondell embrey (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2001 3:54AM GMT
please tell me how to contact this lady
do you have her email
thanks
Posted: 16 Jun 2003 12:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Nov 2004 10:12PM GMT
After all this time I now have in my possession the document referred to. Please contact me if you are interested in the information. Sorry it took so long.
Rosemarie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic