Search for content in message boards

Who were Amos Mixes parents?- born June10th, 1754

Who were Amos Mixes parents?- born June10th, 1754

Posted: 23 May 2005 4:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm showing 2 different sets of Parents- One has John Mix and Marcia St John as his father and mother- from (Heverly, Pioneers & Patriots, Volume 2)stating that Amos was their second child.

Most all others that I've read state his parents as Zebediah Mix and Olive Bell

Who is correct on this?????

Thanks again for any info.

Re: Who were Amos Mixes parents?- born June10th, 1754

Robert Mix 47 (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2005 12:20PM GMT
Surnames: MIX, WARNER
In my files I have several Amos Mix's born about the same time...well within a period of the same time:

Amos Mix s/o Thomas Mix and Ruth Manrose, m. Anna Yale
Amos Mix s/o Eldad Mix and Lydia Beach, m. Clarinda Barnes
But
Amos Mix s/o Zebediah and Olive Mix is the only one born on that date in my files.

Posted: 24 May 2005 11:17PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jun 2006 12:23AM GMT
Surnames: MIX, MANROSE, YALE, BEACH, BARNES, BELL, PENNOYER, CHESEBROUGH, CROWL, HOLT, BEACH, ROYCE, GOODRICH, PORTER, BEEMAN, COLLINS, PETTES, DILLIN, FLEMING, ORAH, BRYANT
1) Amos MIX b 10 Jun 1754 to Zebediah MIX, Jr. and Olive BELL in Middletown, Middlesex, Cty, CT. He married Amelia PENNOYER who was b 1783 in Trumansburg, Tomkins Cty, NY. Amelia PENNOYER was b 1bt 1762 in Sharon, Litchefield Cty, CT to John PENNOYER, Jr. and Marcia St. John MIX. They married on 2 Sep 1779 in Sharon, Litchfield Cty, CT. Amos MIX d 16 Oct 1847 in Wysox, Bradford Cty, PA at age 93. Amelia PENNOYER d 1832 in Wysox, Bradford Cty, PA. Amos and Amelia had 12 children: Julia MIX b abt 1780, Joseph MIX b abt 1781, Amelia MIX b 1783, Zebediah MIX b 1785, Hiram MIX b 1787, Anna MIX b 21 Sep 1879, Sarah (Sally) MIX b 21 Dec 1791, Olive MIX b abt 1794, William Palmer MIX b 1795, Ichabod A MIX b abt 1796, Silas St. John MIX b 3 Oct 1799, and George A MIX b 1 Aug 1805.

2) Amos MIX b 6 Feb 1726 in Stonington, New London Cty, CT to Zebediah MIX, Sr and Sarah CHESEBROUGH. I have no further data on his spouse or children at this time.

3) Amos MIX b 2 Dec 1753 in Wallingford, New Haven Cty, CT to Thomas MIX, Jr. and Ruth MANROSS. The were married 1 Feb 1776 in Wallingord, Rutland Cry, VT. He was 22 and she her age was not known since we do not know her date of birth; they had no children that I know about. She apparently died after only a few months of married life. Anna YALE's date of birth is unknown to me at this time, but she died after Mar 1776. Amos remarried an unknown spouse after 1777 at age 24 and they had six children: Amos MIX, Jr, James MIX, Elizabeth (Betsey) MIX, Rosanna MIX CROWL, John MIX, and Hezedkiah MIX.

4) Amos MIX b 2 Feb 1759 in Cheshire Parish, Wallingofrd, New Haven Cty, CT to Eldad MIX and Lydia BEACH. (grand-son of Josiah MIX and Sybil HOLT and great grandson of Thomas MIX, Sr. and Deborah ROYCE). Eldad was b 20 Oct 1733 in Cheshire Parish, Wallingford, New Haven Cty, CT. Eldad MIX m Lydia BEACH on 25 Jun 1756 in Waterbury, New Haven Cty, CT at age 22. (Josiah and Sybil had four children before she d at age 45: Jesse MIX, Eldad MIX, Titus MIX, and Sybil MIX GOODRICH. Josiah remarried after Sybil died to Abigail PORTER on 23 Dec 1742, but they had no known chidren.) Eldad d 30 Oct 1806 in Waterbury, New Haven Cty, CT at age 73. Lydia d in Jan 1824 in New Haven, New Haven Cty, CT at age 88. Amos m Clarenda BARNES 4 Jan 1784 in Cheshier Parish, Wallingford, New Haven Cty, Ct at age 24. Amos and Claenda had ten children: Amos C. MIX, Justis L. MIX, Clarenda L MIX BEEMAN COLLINS, Anna MIX PETTES, Hannah L MIX DILLIN, Lolly MIX FLEMING, Levi MIX, Sarah MIX MORAH, Truman MIX, and Lydia MIX BRYANT. Amos d 16 Oct 1844 in Muskigum Cty, OH at age 85 and Clarenda d 1850 in Muskingum Cty, OH at age 83. Amos was a minister and used the title of Rev.

There are other AMOS MIX's but these four are close together and are often confused betweeh each other because of the closeness of their ages. I hope this clarifies things for you.

You may e-mail me direct if you still have questions. Lowell J. MIX

Charles Fantasia (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2005 4:18AM GMT
Clarification made- Thanks Lowell:

Information from other source was erroneous- had Amos Mix's parents MIXED UP-:(
They had a JOHN MIX and MARCIA ST JOHN as his parents
when in reality you had it correct- it pertained to Amelia Pennoyer's parents- John Pennoyer and Marcia St John Mix-

Makes sense now!
Thanks again for your help
I stand by my belief that Amelia Mix-Born Dec 2nd, 1782 VT-transcribed Bible Records from the Warner/Jackson Family Bible- and Amelia Mix born 1783 are the same person- my GR (6) Grand-mother and the same Amelia Mix -child of Amos Mix and Amelia Pennoyer.

Regards,

Charles.

Posted: 25 May 2005 5:57AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jun 2006 12:23AM GMT
Surnames: Mix
And Thank You Charles for giving me a date and place of birth for Amelia MIX along with a source. Glad I was able to explain is sufficiently for you to comprehend and understand the complicated relatonship between Amos and Hiram's brother and their two children. It reminds me of the old song, "I am my own Grampa". The key is to understanding the "scarcity" of available adults for marriage puprposes in those days, and the resulting intermarriage between many neighbors and families. That is why is it always a good research technique to keep track of who the neighbors are in the Census records. Glad I could help.

Would you be so kind as to complete her lineage down to the present so I can complete another leg of the MIX Genealogy Research? I would really appreciate it. Data on all non-living persons will be recorded on my MIXGENEALGY Web Site eventually, and I will provide you with a password for the site. I would need to know which names are supported by the Bible transcript as well as the sources for the other names, marriages, locations, etc. You can send them to me via private e-mail if you prefer. Lowell J. Mix <ljmix@juno.com>
per page

Find a board about a specific topic