Search for content in message boards

Thomas E. Norvell family

Thomas E. Norvell family

Posted: 15 Dec 2005 5:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Norvell, Walton, Gainey
I am looking for Thomas E. NORVELL and Emme WALTON. Thomas was born December 19, 1853 and died February 5, 1932. Emme was born July 31, 1869 and died July 22, 1955. Emme had at least two sons and a daughter. Daughter Louise was born August 31 1907 and died february 26 1914. The two sons were Marion W. Norvell and William C. Norvell. William attended the Naval Academy at Annapolis and rose to the rank of Admiral before he died in November of 1975.

Thomas was married to Josephine GAINEY prior to his marriage to Emme Walton. Jospehine was born June 7, 1866 and died July 31, 1899. She had at least four daughters.

Thomas was apparently a "Jr.". His father had the same name. There was also a son name T.E. Norvell III. I am not certain which woman would have been his mother, but it was probably Josephine.

Emme was the daughter of Jesse Alfonso Walton and Louisa Smith.

Thomas, Emme, daughter Louise, and first wife Josephine were all buried in a family plot at Grovetown Cemetery, Columbia Co., GA.

I would like to verify as much of the data that I have about this family as possible, as well as fill in a few gaps. I know how Emme fits into the Walton family, but I would like to know more about her children, and I would like to know more about Thomas E. Norvell and his other children so that I can have accurate information.

Re: Thomas E. Norvell family

Posted: 17 Dec 2005 2:35AM GMT
Surnames: Norvell, Warwick, Branch, Patteson
I have a lot of information on this Norvell family. Thomas Edwin Norvell was the son of Thomas Benjamin Norvell, b.30 July, 1816, of Richmond, Va and his second wife, Mary Freeman, b 10 May 1835. Thomas Benjamin Norvell was the son ofThomas Norvell of Hanover county and his wife, Ann Mosby. I have a picture of Ann Mosby, b.1785

Thomas Edwin Norvell, b.19 Dec.1853, Columbia cty, GA.,, d after 1929, Lincoln CTY, Ga, m. 21 Feb 1888, Josephine Elizabeth Gainey b. June 7, 1886, d. July 31, 1889, Lincoln County ga, At least 3 children.

1. Lamar Norvell, m. Carl Huber.
2.Gertrude Haynes Norvell, b. 28 March 1889, d. 9 April 1969, Atlanta, Ga M 3 June 1914 Howard Ingram Ashburn(his second marriage). At least three children Thomas Norvell Ashburn was one.
3.Mary Hatton Norvell

This information comes from a published geneology of the Norvell family which has been thoroughly researched and contains sources.

Please contact me for further information

Andrea Kosar, Norvell cousin.

Posted: 17 Dec 2005 4:49AM GMT
Surnames: Norvell
Thank you! I will be contacting you personally soon. I would really like the opportunity to fill in this branch of the family tree.

Can you tell me how Thomas. E. Norvell is a 'Jr.' and his son is Thomas E. Norvell III if 'Jr's' father is Thomas B. Norvell? Were the differeing middle names not taken into account? I had tried looking for a Thomas E. Norvell 'Sr.', and this explains why I could not find him.

Posted: 17 Dec 2005 5:20AM GMT
Andrea, my emails are being returned, so I am having no luck contacting you.
Please contact me at LKPDVM@hotmail.com
Thanks!
Lisa Kaylene Powell

John Norvell (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2006 1:14PM GMT
This is the line as i know it:

Captain Hugh Norvell

George Norvell (b 1693) married Sarah Holdcroft

William Norvell (b 1746) married Martha Butler

Thomas Norvell (b 1765) married Ann Mosby, they had

Thomas Benjamin Norvell (born July 30, 1816 -died January 7, 1901) married 1st, Sarah Harwood September 29, 1835; 2nd, July 7, 1851 Mary Freeman (born 1835 -died June 23, 1889) of Edgefield, South Carolina. They had:

Thomas Edwin Norvell (born December 19, 1853 -died after 1929) married Josephine Elizabeth Gainey

I didn't know about his other wife.

Posted: 18 Feb 2006 4:52AM GMT
I am sorry for the delay. thank you for your information. I will add it to mine. This is not my direct line and I am only related to the Norvell family by the marriage to Emme Walton. Still, it helps to put the family into context.

I have learned more about Mr. Norvell's entire family, including his children by his first wife. The daughter and two sons were apparently the only children with Emme. With such a famous son, you would think it might be easier to fill in this branch!

If I can help you out with Emme Walton and her family, please let me know.

John Norvell (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2006 1:13PM GMT
You made reference to a "Famous Son" who is that person? Is he a Norvell? Thanks

John
per page

Find a board about a specific topic