Search for content in message boards

Family of Jacob Seaver

Family of Jacob Seaver

Posted: 31 Dec 2007 2:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Seaver, Watts
I am looking for information on the family/children of Jacob Seaver (b. 1814 Scott Co., Va) and wife, Emmaline/Emily. My ggGrandfather was their son, Jacob W. Seaver. I am looking for information about his brothers and sisters being: "Green" Seaver m. Minerva Brown and they lived in Jewell County, Kansas; Harriet A. Seaver; Joseph F. Seaver; Malinda (or Mahala) Seaver m. Fred Watts; John R. Seaver; Sarah Seaver; and twins E.L. and E.M. Seaver. Thank you.
Kim

Re: Family of Jacob Seaver

Posted: 19 Nov 2008 6:17PM GMT
Kim,
This would be Jacob, son of Jacob and Esther (Croberger) Seaver(s). They moved from Scott Co, VA to Indiana about 1820. Jacob was b. 1773 and d. @1824; thought to be the son of Henry and Elizabeth Seaver(s). I have quite a few land records and other court documents for Jacob in Scott Co, VA. He also bought and sold land in bordering Sullivan Co, TN. Esther's parents lived in Hawkins Co., TN, which borders both Sullivan Co. TN and Scott Co, VA.

My husband is descended from William Se(a)ver(s) @1770-1814, likely a brother of Jacob.

Pat

Posted: 24 Nov 2008 11:07AM GMT
Surnames: Seaver
Hi Pat...

Thank you so much for responding to my query. I have found quite a bit of information on the family/children of Jacob and Emmaline Seaver since my posting.

I am also still looking for information as to where Jacob Seaver, son of Jacob and Esther, and his wife Emmaline are buried. It seems as though Jacob (b. 1814) accompanied five of his children (and their families) from Iowa to Jewell County, Kansas in about 1872...and I have not found any information that Emmaline (the mother) came with them.

I would look forward to sharing information with you. I can be reached at mulecrk@gvtc.com. Thank you.

Kim

Posted: 20 May 2012 8:04PM GMT
I have just today seen this thread so apologize for so many years gone by. i am a descendent too of Jacob Seaver of Scott Co. VA (husband of Esther Croburger). I have not located a gravesite for him and wonder if anyone has. this make me sad that it seems to be an unknown so if you know otherwise please correct me! thank you Leslie

Posted: 20 May 2012 10:16PM GMT
Hi Leslie,

In answer to your question, no we have yet to find the burial location of Jacob Seaver and are presuming that he is/was buried on his homestead in Switzerland County, Indiana in about 1824.

In 2010, my husband and I traveled to Switzerland County, Indiana and located Concord Cemetery. It is a beautiful little cemetery. I took photos of the gravestones of Esther Seaver and other family members who are buried there and posted them to FindAGrave.

Since that time, as I got further along in my 'Seaver' research, I found that there were a number of other family members buried there that I didn't know at the time and therefore didn't take pictures of their gravestones. I am hoping to get to make another trip there someday.

I hope this helps. Kim

Posted: 24 May 2012 9:06PM GMT
Thank you Kim! Yes i had seen all the Seaver graves in findagrave and wondered why Jacob wasn't next to his wife Esther! I tried searches on that site in other areas with no luck so wondered if he'd died away from home. So that's good news that he may yet still be marked somewhere. I am the 4th greatgranddaughter of Joseph Seaver (Jacob's son) and 3rd greatgranddaughter of Joseph's son Joseph Rial Seaver. Thanks for your information!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions