Search for content in message boards

Smith Wayne County Kentucky circa 1850

Smith Wayne County Kentucky circa 1850

Bill Smith (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 1999 8:50AM GMT
Lookin for information on my great grandfather. First name may be Alexander. Last name Smith. Served
in Co. D, 30th Kentucky Mounted Infantry, USA, in the civil war.
Had eight brothers and one sister. Had at least one son Henry Smith. Henry lived in Collinsville, AL and worked for the newspaper.
Henry marrieds Flora Stevens and died in the twenties. Any info appreciated.

SMITH FAMILY

kim perreault (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 1999 1:02PM GMT
My Smith family is from Wayne County, Kentucky also. I have a lot of information. contact me. To see if we can make a connection. APERRE9014@aol.com I need the guys father and mother's name if you have it or his sisters and brothers names.
kim perreault
Posted: 2 Aug 1999 4:12PM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2001 6:13PM GMT
I have a grandfather, Hiram/Harmon Smith who married Mary A.? who was born 1852 and died c.a.1915. They had 6 children:Jacob C.(my father) who married Electa Strode,
B. Harrison who married L. Vona Chisholm,
Lindsey, Esther,
Grace who married a Nannie and then a Reaktenwalt
and Pearl E. who married a Greenberg.
If any matches please contact me. Thanks

Smith family from Wayne Co., Ky

Posted: 3 Jan 2000 9:35AM GMT
Edited: 6 Dec 2002 9:22PM GMT
My gr-gr-gr-grandfather (we think) was Alexander Smith. My gr-gr-grandfather was Marshall, my gr-grandfather was Aaron, and my grandfather was Austin Harper. They were all from around the Laurel/Wayne Co., London, Ky area. I would appreciate any information you may have already accumulated on these persons. Linda Smith Anderson

Smiths in KY

Posted: 17 Jan 2000 10:04AM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2006 5:28AM GMT
I am looking for information on Smith from KY during the civil war time period if you can help please let me know -Thanks Kandice KABALTES@po.okc.cc.ok.us

Smith, Laurel Co. KY

Doris (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2000 8:43PM GMT
I saw your query form Jan. I have relatives in this area. 4th greatgrandfather, Alexander Smith. He had a son, Marshall. I am looking to see if he had a son, Aaron. My e-mail is djwcheek@aol.com. Please send me yours. Thanks Doris

Alexander Smith/Laurel Co.

Posted: 14 Feb 2000 2:06AM GMT
Edited: 6 Dec 2002 9:22PM GMT
Doris, it seems possible that we may be related. If so, that would be great. My email address is andie2001@juno.com. I will be waiting somewhat patiently to hear from you. Thank You!!!!!

Linda

Re: Smith Wayne County Kentucky circa 1850

Posted: 6 Dec 2010 11:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
My Great Grandfathers name was James Washington Smith. His wife was Louisa Jan Roysden.He was born 1843 and was the youngest of ten. Nine brothers and one sister. His father was Henry Smith and his mother was Gracie Lewis? He was from Whitley, Wayne County, KY, but after the Civil War moved to Oneida, Tennessee where he died in 1921. I am looking for any information on his parents or brothers and sister. He is buried with his wife in the Marcum Cemetery in Oneida.

Re: SMITH FAMILY

Posted: 6 Dec 2010 11:55PM GMT
I have been able to find more info on my Great Grandfather. He is James Washington Smith from Whitley, Wayne County, Kentucky. He was the youngest of ten children. Nine boys and one girl. He was born in 1843 or 1844. He married Louisa Jan Roysden and lived in Oneida Tennessee where he died in 1921.He served with the 30th KY Mounted Infantry in the Civil War. He had four children Hattie, Henry H. (my Grandfather, John Sevier and Florence Ellen. His parents were Henry Smith and Gracie Lewis. The Gracie Lewis name is from a partially legible death certificate and may actually be something different. Any help with his parents, brother and sister would be appreciated.

Re: Smith Wayne County Kentucky circa 1850

Posted: 9 Dec 2010 5:12PM GMT
Also looking for Henry Smith born in Wayne County Kentucky about 1831. Lived in Oklahoma in 1921. Was the brother of James Washington Smith.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic