Search for content in message boards

Canadian Tierney

Canadian Tierney

Posted: 10 Jul 2001 2:38AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: Burke Franey Teirney
Searching for my grt grandmother possibly from Thurso Quebec Canada, prev Ireland??? Ann Tierney b abt 1836?? . Daughter Bridget Burke b abt 1856

Re: Canadian Tierney

Posted: 19 Aug 2001 12:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Dec 2001 4:01PM GMT
Someone pointed me toward some Canadian Tierneys, and I'm still trying to see if they are a connection. But there were a bunch of them in Ontario, Canada in the 1870's and later. Since the group I'm investigating were on near the shores of Erie, I ended up researching thru the Trent Valley Archives; their website, trentvalleyarchives.com is pretty interesting, and has a bunch of links including, ultimately, the Ontario 1871 census - online index. 48 Tierneys listed.

Posted: 4 Jul 2004 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Burke or Bourke, Garvey, McCoy, McNamera,dunnigan
Sharon I found someone that knows about the other end of your line.
Madonna Bingham would love to hear from you.
granny2mb@juno.com

Good luck
Janet

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 1:07AM GMT
I was told that Thomas Burke came from Tipperary Ireland and his first wife was Johanna McCormick... they supposedly had three or four kids in Ireland, Johanna, John, Mary Ann, & not sure of any others... Johanna McCormick died either before or after leaving for Canada and Thomas Burke married Ann Tierney in Quebec... they then had Catherine, Michael, Bridget, Ellen, & Patrick all in Quebec. The latter kids name Thomas Burke & Ann Tierney as their parents although it was suggested that some belonged to Johanna McCormick Burke. If anyone knows anything about Johanna McCormick please send message... they are all living right next to my Michael McCormick in the 1861 Census and I'm not having any luck finding info on his family. Thank...

Objet : Re: Canadian Tierney

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 1:44PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic