Search for content in message boards

Anthony "Tough Tony" Imperiale

Anthony "Tough Tony" Imperiale

Posted: 20 Apr 2004 5:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Imperiale
Does anyone know the burial location of Anthony "Tough Tony" Imperiale? He was the famous/infamous Newark Councilman durring the Newark Race Riots.

Re: Anthony "Tough Tony" Imperiale

Meg (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2004 4:54AM GMT
According to a story in the NYTimes of Dec. 28, 1999,Tony Imperiale died of kidney failure on Dec. 26, 1999, in St. Barnabas Hospital, Livingston, NJ. Unfortunately, the article doesn't mention his burial. I suggest you get in touch with the Newark Public Library and ask them to look up the obit in the Newark Star-Ledger (there is a fee involved) to find out where. I believe he is buried in Gate of Heaven Cemetery in East Hanover, NJ. I seem to remember seeing a huge Imperiale mausoleum when I was up there recently visiting family graves. You might call the cemetery and inquire. The number is (973)887-0286. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Good luck.
Meg

Re: Anthony "Tough Tony" Imperiale

Posted: 22 Apr 2004 11:00AM GMT
Thanks Meg, I was going to try Gate of Heaven as other Newark politicians such as Hugh Joseph Addonizio are there as well.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions