Search for content in message boards

Organ/Matthews of Burgeo

Organ/Matthews of Burgeo

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 2:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Organ, Samms, Matthews and Baggs
Frances Organ b 1837 and husband Reuben Samms b 1830 were my great great grandparents through John Samms. I am thinking Frances parents were John Matthew and Sarah Baggs. Can anyone confirm this for me? Anyone know if John Matthews was from Burgeo? Was Frances also known as Fanny and was she Mickmaq? Did she marry more than once and was Reuben her first or second husband? I am showing Frances and Reuben as having 6 girls and 1 boy. I would appreciate any info you have to offer. Thanks

Re: Organ/Matthews of Burgeo

Posted: 24 Sep 2012 3:19AM GMT
John Matthews and Sarah baggs did have a daughter named Frances born about 1825.John was micmac. Im looking for a michael organ born 1842.Seems as if he just disappeared >cant find anything on him. If you should find his name or his wife who was Elizabeth harding would you [lease share any info Thanks.

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 1:24AM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I will be sure to let you know if I come across any info on Michael. What area was he from? we are currently trying to find a birth certificate on Francis. Seems it may not exist. Thanks again.

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 3:58AM GMT
Michael was born in Brazils in 1842, He married Elizabeth Harding,Cant find anything on either .

Posted: 1 Oct 2012 11:12AM GMT
info on michael organ found on rootsweb.com ,ffather michael organ 1803 died 1862 norris point nfld,mother sarah elizabeth matthews 1811,wife elazabeth harding 1843 ,father george harding mother susannah smith 1842.daughter of michael and elizabeth harding, susanna organ1868 husband benjamin bugden 1866.regards

Posted: 1 Oct 2012 12:26PM GMT
another site with info www.boigenealogy.com family no 7438

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 8:28PM GMT
Surnames: matthews/organ
hi there,
just read your post on john matthews being micmac. how do you know for sure he was a micmac. i am doing research on this line and cannot find proof of this anywhere.. my email is denesemccarthy@hotmail.com... i can not remember all of you post and am not sure what you were looking for but i may be able to help you. i have organs taht have married into both sides of nans families

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 7:39PM GMT
John Matthews was a micmac search John Spears:" Bethuk and micmacs in Nfld " pg 134. His daughter Sarah married Micheal Organ of St. John Island. They had a number of children including Michael who married Elizabeth Harding of Boone Bay. You can find most of these records on the search"newfoundland grand banks" site. I have heard that the Organs thru John matthews has been approved.

Posted: 27 May 2013 1:08AM GMT
Schooner lost from Bonne Bay spring 1870 with seven men
Michael Organ left widow and two children
James organ left widow(Mary Ann Samms)and 6 or 7 children

Posted: 27 May 2013 1:15AM GMT
Surnames: Organ
Schooner lost from Bonne Bay spring 1870 with seven men
Michael Organ left widow and two children