Search for content in message boards

GREENLEES: from Ireland to Indiana

GREENLEES: from Ireland to Indiana

Darin Jolliffe-Haas (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2006 12:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Greenlee, Noble, Ball, Jones, Vinson, Clary
Hello!
I am hoping there might be some Greenlees related to my line. A group of Greenlees left Kanawha, VA, now the Charleston, WV area and moved to Indiana, residing in Boone Township of Madison County. Here is our line with my ancestors in CAPS:

1. JAMES Greenlee (b. Ireland)
2. WILLIAM Greenlee (1771-1846; m. Susannah* Musselman)
3. WILLIAM Greenlee* (1816-1898)
4. ANDREW* (1847-1943) his sibs: Herbert, Julia, Adaline, Ann, Mary, John, , Susan, Hannah, Lydia*, Edward, Prudence, Harriett
5. ANNA* Greenlee-Jones (1875-1950); sibs:Carl*, Harry*, Donald*, Carrie*, Mary, Esther*
6. MARY BELLE* Jones-Clary (1897-1968); sibs: Alpha*, Harry*, William*
7. DONNA* Clary-Barmes (1924-1992); sibs: Ronald*, Joyce
8. DIANA Barmes Jolliff/Haas (1945); sibs: Ron, Tom
9. DARIN Jolliffe-Haas (1964); sibs: Dena, Destin

* = buried in Forrestville Cemetery, Boone Township in Madison County, Indiana.

I do have more names and dates if any believes they may be connected to this line of Greenlees.

Let me know: dljh@sbcglobal.net

Darin

Re: GREENLEES: from Ireland to Indiana

Darlene Royalty (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2006 1:43PM GMT
Darin, although I don't come from William, but his brother John, a lot of people have been looking for your lost line. I would love to have a complete direct line from you. If you want to get in touch with me direct mail me at royalty@adams.net
I have always wondered what happen to William and would share what ever I have. I have 5 binders full of Greenlee history

Posted: 5 Aug 2006 8:44PM GMT
Hi Darlene...just browsing and this site caught my eye. Is there more information on the Greenlee's in Indiana? My family is from Bartholomew County (Columbus) Indiana....Grandfather was Roy Greenlee. I live in Florida and have always wanted to research family tree.
Thank You...KathyGreenleeDaller

Darlene Royalty (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2006 9:18PM GMT
Surnames: Greenlee
Kathy there is a greenlee website @

http://www.greenlee.0catch.com/
I go here all the time and check out information
I am desended from James and Nancy that went to Tennessee. Hope this helps

Posted: 24 Nov 2007 9:17PM GMT
hello i found my father at last in 2004 his father resided in st. louis but my grandmother lived in indiana where i am now.maybe we can share some info.Keep in touch. my email is dkinmon@yahoo.com

Posted: 29 Jan 2010 6:52AM GMT
Surnames: Greenlee, Douglas, Diver
I am a descendent of William Greenlee of Ireland. The only thing I know about him is that he had a daughter Susanna Greenlee who was born in Ireland Jan.8, 1872 and died in Harden Co. IL (Cave-In-Rock)July 11, 1872. She was married to Andrew Douglas, born Feb.13, 1796 in Duram, Maine and died Apr.12, 1872 in Rising Sun, IN . He had a brother named William Douglas. I would really like information about this branch of my family tree if you have any. I am Judith Diver and my email address is tdiverjr@msn.com These ancesters(Susanna and Andrew are my 4x great grandparents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions