Search for content in message boards

FAMILY OF HENRY H. HARDWICK & ELIZABETH KING

FAMILY OF HENRY H. HARDWICK & ELIZABETH KING

Posted: 14 Sep 2001 2:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Aug 2002 1:33PM GMT
I would like to hear from any researcher who may Line with the following Families who may be able to add to or update.
Thank You
Leo

HENRY H. HARDWICK s/o JOHN & JOANNA HARDWICK grandson of ROBERT HARDWICK. HENRY was born in 1784 in VIRGINIA; he died 03 SEPTEMBER 1864 in NICHOLAS County, Kentucky. He married ELIZABETH [BETSY] KING 16 December 1805 in Bourbon County, Kentucky, daughter of JESSE KING. SHE was born 21 November 1784 in VIRGINIA, and died 07 February 1864 in Nicholas County, Kentucky.

HENRY H. HARDWICK was born 1784 in VIRGINIA, and came into KENTUCKY with his Parents JOHN & JOANNA HARDWICK sometime prior to 1800. Source used Bourbon County Tax Records

HENRY stayed in BOURBON County KENTUCKY until after 1820 he is found in Bourbon County census. The CENSUS for, CLARK, MONTGOMERY, NICHOLAS and SCOTT COUNTIES Kentucky.

HENRY’S father JOHN owned 350ac in Bourbon also a 9-acre tract in Clark County HENRY farmed this for a couple of years according to the Tax Lists.

After settling in Nicholas County he owned 325 acres, over the years he deeded parcels of this to his sons, as shown in the Nicholas DEED Books. He deeded his LAST 80 acres to his son JESSE. Source Nicholas County Tax Records & Deed Books

Office of The Adjutant General of the State of Kentucky "Soldiers of The War of 1812"...In the Kentucky Militia..........HENRY H. HARDWICK, Pvt., under Lieutenant Colonel, William E. Boswell from 1st March 1813 until 1st September 1816 Henry was Mustered on the Roll 0f Capt., Manson Seamen’s Company.

JESSE K. HARDWICK, son of HENRY H. HARDWICK made the following ENTRY in his BIBLE; HENRY HARDWICK (my father) ELIZABETH my sister, SUSAN A. (my daughter) and FANNIE HARDWICK, my niece; were DROWNED on the NIGHT of SEPTEMBER 3rd 1864 BY the WASHING AWAY of FATHERS HOUSE. Source Jesse & Mary Hardwick Bible Record

CHILDREN of HENRY HARDWICK and ELIZABETH KING are:

01.JESSE KING HARDWICK, b. 28 December 1819, Bourbon County, Kentucky; died Rush County, Kansas. Married first, MARGARET SHANNON. One child, WILLIAM HENRY HARDWICK. MARGARET died 14th July 1843. JESSE then married SECOND wife, 20th July 1848 MARY MORTON GILLASPIE d/o SIMON & JULIET GILLASPIE. JESSE & MARY are MY 1st great grandparents their son JAMES KING HARDWICK was my grandfather.

02.ROBERT S. HARDWICK married 09 September 1840 ELIZABETH SHANNON. Robert & Elizabeth had ONE daughter FRANCES. ROBERT died 1st October 1843. ELIZABETH remarried 22nd August 1853 HENRY O. DARREL.

03.MARY ANN HARDWICK, m. SAMUELL MORRIS, 06 October 1840, Nicholas County, Kentucky. It is not known if they had CHILDREN?

04.WILLIAM A. HARDWICK, b. 1817, Clark County, Kentucky; m. SARAH T. GILLASPIE, 23 May 1856, Nicholas County, Kentucky; b. 1838, Nicholas County, Kentucky. She was the daughter of SIMON & JULIET GILLASPIE. WILLIAM died before 1860. WILLIAM & SARAH perhaps had a daughter FRANCES?

05.NANCY A. HARDWICK she was probably MARRIED after 1850 as she was still living at home with HENRY & ELIZABETH when the 1850 census for SCOTT County, KY was taken.

06.ELIZABETH HARDWICK apparently never married.

07.HENRY A. HARDWICK, ca 1810 in Bourbon County, KY. He married MATILDA DOWNS they had children; DANIEL W.; JOHN R.; HENRY; DOLLY A. and WILLIAM A. Hardwick.

08.The 5th son has NOT been IDENTIFIED Perhaps JOHN or JAMES K. HARDWICK?? The TAX records for NICHOLAS County, Kentucky suggests there were TWO STRAINS of HARDWICK FAMILIES THERE and this has CAUSED some CONFUSION.

The research on the Kentucky Family was done at the Kentucky Archives & Bourbon County Kentucky

The Movement of The Members of this Family Away from Kentucky Was;
To Knox & Warren Counties Illinois
To Rush County Kansas & Oklahoma

Re: FAMILY OF HENRY H. HARDWICK & ELIZABETH KING

Posted: 17 Jul 2002 5:44PM GMT
Surnames: Hardwick, Blount, Beck, Roberts, Huddleson
My father, John Harvey Hardwick, was the son of William Thomas Hardwick. William Thomas Hardwick was the son of Harvey Hardwick who was born 1840 in Nicholas County, Ky and died 1910, also in Nicholas County, Ky. While researching in Carlisle, Ky. last week, I found a newspaper article about my great-uncle, Benjamin S. Hardwick, who was William Thomas' brother. The article stated that in 1864, Ben Hardwick's grandfather, Jesse, an aunt and niece died when the father's house was washed away in a flood. Obviously, the article was incorrect, in that Jesse King Hardwick's bible stated it was Jesse's father, Henry, who died in the flood. However, this does give me a link to my ancestors. I need to find documentation that Harvey Hardwick (1840-1910) was the son of Jesse King Hardwick, but I haven't been able to come up with anything yet. Have you found any further information on these Hardwicks? If you'd like a copy of the newspaper article, I'll happily forward to you.

Jan (Hardwick) Gelardo

Re: Harvey Hardwick

Posted: 17 Jul 2002 11:13PM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2005 11:00PM GMT
The Hardwick Bible is in my possession, Jesse's children are all named. I have added new notes since I posted.
Contact me direct at janelee@vnet.net

Posted: 5 Aug 2002 7:29AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2003 6:54AM GMT
Leo - My line of Gillaspie's is Thomas L. Gillaspie, John F. Gillaspie, Thomas L. Gillaspie, Sarah Elizabeth Gillaspie Beier, from the Chillicothe, Livingston County, Missouri area. We (a group) of us have been working on this line, we are all related through various people of John F. Gillaspie. My e-mail address is instead of "aol.com" is "softcom.net".

Re: John F. & Thomas L. GILLASPIE

Posted: 5 Aug 2002 8:28AM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2005 11:00PM GMT
Hi Barbara,
How can I help you - how do THOMAS & JOHN line with the Gillaspies/Gillespies?
Leo

Carolyn Thompson Gipson (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2003 8:33PM GMT
Surnames: Hardwick
I would like to discuss the children of Jesse Hardwick. I believe his son William H Hardwick is my g-g-grandfather. I believe that William married Mary Johnson circa Civil war years in Russell County, VA. He states that he was from KY. They had two children, William G and Thomas. Am I on the right track. I ahave been looking for Williams parents for years.

Leo G. Skellenger, Sr. (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2003 9:29PM GMT
Yes you are right on all counts, William H. Hardwick did marry, Mary Johnson and was the father of Thomas & Grant.

Wm was Jesse's only child by his 1st wife, if you will contact me at janelee@vnet.net , I can give you the name of another researcher who also lines with Wm. I prefer not to give out the researchers name here. Be glad to help you.

Leo

Posted: 14 Apr 2004 2:37PM GMT
Surnames: Hardwick, Akins,Cain, Hood, Bunch,
Please email me I getting some info cross over Henry Hardwick that married Matilda Downs is in my lineage but we have Henry as the son of Samuel Hardwick and I think Henry Hardwick that married Elizabeth King was Samuel brother but know sure.

Posted: 15 Dec 2008 5:19AM GMT
I see in your post you have mentioned Margaret Shannon and was wondering if you had any further information pertaining to her. I am trying to find out if her parents are Samuel and Sally m 1812 in Nicholas Co. KY.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions