Search for content in message boards

Kinsey-Rappahannock Co., Va

Kinsey-Rappahannock Co., Va

Posted: 2 Jul 2001 1:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kinsey, Campbell, Bywaters
Am trying to find out who the parents of John Randolph Kinsey were (he was born 6 April 1834, either in Culpeper of Rappahannock Co., Va and died in Rappahannock on 4 April 1916). He was married in Washington, D.C. on 23 January 1873 to Edwina Jane Bywaters (daughter of Robert Henry Bywaters and Adelia Penelope Campbell; born in Culpeper County 22 January 1837 died 1932). They had three children, Anita Elizabeth (Kinsey) Smith, Middleton Wayne Kinsey and John Robert Parks Kinsey. Any help greatly appreciated!
Matthew Barrett

Re: Kinsey-Rappahannock Co., Va

James Kinsey (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2002 4:08PM GMT
Surnames: Kinsey, Parks
In response to the father of John Randolph Kinsey; he may be the son of Richard Parks Kinsey, son of Phoebe Parks and Absalom Kinsey of Culpepper Co. VA. Richard P. K. was born in 1796, d. 1856, m. Ann Graves. I have the lineage of Absalom back through New Bern, NC and then back to Switzerland. If you are able to make the connection between Richard and John R. Kinsey, let me know and i will be happy to update my info and send you my gedcom file.

Mark Dierker (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2002 2:14PM GMT
Surnames: Kinsey, Isler, Bogue, Hobbs, Boyd, Easley, David, Cadwallader
I'd say the fact that the one child was named John Robert Parks Kinsey is a big clue going back to Absalom Kinsey's marriage to second wife Phoebe Parks. Something funny about that family. I'm descended though his marriage to first wife Ridley Hobbs. By that marriage he aslo had several children. When he married Phoebe Parks, they named some of the children with the same first name as children from the original marriage, only they added Parks as a middle name. Richard Parks Kinsey is one of those. Richard Kinsey, Absalom's son from his first marriage, is my g-g-g-g grandfather. His grandson, my g-g grandfather is John R. Kinsey though in this case I think the R is for Richard. But can you imagine how confusing family gatherings would have been?

Mark Dierker

Posted: 4 May 2009 9:29PM GMT
Surnames: Melton Smith Kinsey Bywaters
Hello My name is Robin Melton Lafferty I am the GGGranddaughter of Edwinda Jane Bywaters and John Randolph Kinsey. Thier daughter Anita Kinsey/Smith Married James W.Smith(My Greatgrandparents) and thier daughter Clarice Edwina Smith/Melton Married John Linwood Melton(My grandparents) please contact me at Codysmomtwo@aol.com Thank you Robin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions