Search for content in message boards

McNally from Monahan Town

McNally from Monahan Town

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 12:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to trace my Great Grandad. he was born in Monahan, Ireland in 1872. The only information I have is that the family had (have) a farm in the Monahan Town/Clones area. He moved to Cramlington in Northumberland where he married and lived until he died in 1945.

thanks
Denise

Re: McNally from Monahan Town

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 2:02PM GMT
You can search for his birth on the LDS pilot site:

http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#...

If you find it, you can order a photocopy of the certificate from GRO Roscommon for €4. www.groireland.ie/

You may be able to find him in the 1901 or 1911 Irish censuses:

www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/?then

(All earlier Irish censuses have been destroyed).

If you haven't got your gt, grandad's father's name, you should be able to get it from his English marriage certificate.

Posted: 1 Mar 2011 9:34PM GMT
Thanks very much for your help

Denise

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: McNally
There were several large McNally families living in Cramlington by late 19th century and it is likely that your relative was linked to them in some way. My own gt grandfather Hugh was born in Ireland but living in Felling Co. Durham before he moved to Cramlington with his second wife and their children, where he died in a colliery accident. Older generations have said that all the McNallys living in Cramlington in around 1900 were linked back in Ireland, but we have not been able to find that link. What was your grandfather's first name? He could be in my database. If he was in Cramlington in 1945 then my grandmother Ann McNally/Thompson, would certainly have known him as she died there in 1953, having been born there in 1883.

Posted: 16 May 2012 5:00PM GMT

Hi

I have McNally in my tree that originate from Ireland and lived in Wallsend, and some of the descendents are still in the town.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic