Search for content in message boards

Zacek families

Zacek families

Posted: 17 Jan 2002 4:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ZACEJ
I am seeking information on the Zacek families of St. Louis--more specifically those descendants of Wenceslaus and Anna Ostendorf Zacek--living in St. Louis in the early 1900''s. There were also the families of Joseph and Frank, related??, I am not sure but would like to know more. Wenceslaus belonged to the St. John Nepomuk parish, Joseph and Frank possibly with Sts Peter and Paul church. thanks, Claudia

Re: Zacek families

Posted: 15 Feb 2002 9:45AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2003 5:12PM GMT
I found Wenceslaus and Anna (with son John?) in the 1900 St. Louis census. There was no listing for a Frank or Joseph in Missouri in the 1900 census.

Attached is the page of the census.
Attachments:

Claudia (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2002 3:29PM GMT
Surnames: ZACEk
Jeanne, thank you so very much. I found more new information on the census that you forwarded to me. I believe that the John listed was a son also of Wenceslaus. May someone help you one day as you have me. Claudia

Posted: 15 Feb 2002 5:23PM GMT
You're welcome, Claudia. By the way, I just did a search in my 1880 LDS census collection and think I may have found Frank that you had mentioned. This is the only Zacek family listed in Missouri in 1880. (I'll take a gander at the National Index and see if there are others elsewhere) This is not a common name, so it makes it somewhat easy to look for... ;-) Census Place: 7th Ward, St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri
Source: FHL Film 1254729 National Archives Film T9-0729 Page 416C Second Enumeration
Relation Sex Marr Race Age Birthplace
Wenzel ZACEK Self M M W 31 GER
Occ: Black Smith Fa: GER Mo: GER
Anna ZACEK Wife F M W 29 MO
Occ: Keeping House Fa: GER Mo: GER
Jno. ZACEK Son M S W 7 MO
Fa: GER Mo: MO
Frank ZACEK Son M S W 3 MO
Fa: GER Mo: MO

Posted: 15 Feb 2002 5:29PM GMT
Here is the list of all Zacek and Zicek (?) families in the 1880 census, with year of birth and where they are from and where they live. Let me know if there are any you want details on.ZIZEK, Joseph Self <1830> M W CZER KS
ZACEK, William Self <1830> M W CZER WI
ZACEK, Hanna Wife <1832> F W CZER WI
ZIZEK, Annie Wife <1835> F W CZER KS
ZACEK, Frank Self <1844> M W TX
ZACEK, M. G. Self <1847> M W CZER NE
ZIZEK, Frank Self <1848> M W CZER KS
ZACEK, Wenzel Self <1849> M W GERM MO
ZACEK, Theresa Wife <1850> F W TX
ZACEK, Anna Wife <1851> F W MO MO
ZACEK, Anna Wife <1853> F W CZER NE
ZACEK, Wencil Son <1860> M W WI WI
ZACEK, Annie Dau <1862> F W WI WI
ZACEK, Neddina Son <1864> M W WI WI
ZIZEK, Joseph Son <1865> M W WI KS
ZIZEK, Adolph Son <1868> M W WI KS
ZIZEK, Annie Dau <1870> F W WI KS
ZACEK, Jno. Son <1873> M W MO MO
ZACEK, Basoliny Dau <1874> F W NE NE
ZACEK, Anastasie Dau <1876> F W NE NE
ZACEK, Francess Dau <1877> F W TX TX
ZACEK, Frank Son <1877> M W MO MO
ZACEK, Otto Son <1879> M W NE NE

Claudia (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2002 6:30PM GMT
Another huge thank you, Jeanne. this is so great. I have been searching my Zacek family for years and always there was a mention of relatives in St. Louis--and it has just been within the last few months that I have found them. Your second post had a few names not familiar and if there is more information on them I would love it. This is just for the Zaceks that live in Ne. I haven't found a connection with those in TX. The ones I don't have are the following:
Zacek, M.G born 1847, lived in NE
Zacek, Anna, born 1853, lived in NE
Basoliny, dau born 1874, lived in NE
Anastasie, dau born 1876, lived in Ne
Otto, born 1879 lived in NE.
If there is a lot of work involved getting these, only MG, Basoliny and Anastasie would be most welcomed. Again, thanks. Claudia

Posted: 15 Feb 2002 7:48PM GMT
Bingo

Census Place: West Point City, Cuming, Nebraska
Source: FHL Film 1254745 National Archives Film T9-0745 Page 224C
Relation Sex Marr Race Age Birthplace
M. G. ZACEK Self M M W 33 BOHEMIA
Occ: Blacksmith Fa: BOHEMIA Mo: BOHEMIA
Anna ZACEK Wife F M W 27 BOHEMIA
Occ: Keeping House Fa: BOHEMIA Mo: BOHEMIA
Basoliny ZACEK Dau F S W 6 NE
Occ: At School Fa: BOHEMIA Mo: BOHEMIA
Anastasie ZACEK Dau F S W 4 NE
Occ: At Home Fa: BOHEMIA Mo: BOHEMIA
Otto ZACEK Son M S W 1 NE
Occ: At Home Fa: BOHEMIA Mo: BOHEMIA

FYI, Awhile back I sent for the complete 1880 census on CD rom from the LDS church. So it's not too much trouble. Any other lines you need 1880 info on? Glad to help out. I'm sorta at a stale mate in my stuff, so it keeps me in practice.

claudia (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2002 8:27PM GMT
Jeanne, what can I say but many, many thanks. You've been a great help---and given me another mystery to solve-Basoliny??? I love a good dig! I have another question tho', you mentioned buying the census from LDS--how? I have ancesty.com census program but it isn't the easiest to search-if you don't know townships you can search thru' 10 or more, page by page. I would welcome an easier way ( wonder if they see this message?? ha) If there is anything I might do for you, I'd be glad to. I am in TX. Claudia

Posted: 15 Feb 2002 9:00PM GMT
Claudia, the server for ordering the 1880 census is not up right now. But here is how to access it.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Home/News/frameset_news.asp

I know exactly what you mean about searching thru Ancestry census records. I think that ultimately they will have each census indexed. They've come a long way in the last year. But if you have an old fashioned modem like I do, it takes FOREVER to download the pages. That's why I jumped at the chance to buy the 1880 census. Think it was around $47, which didn't seem unreasonable to me.

You can also sign up for 1900 census, searchable index, at Genealogy.com. That's been helpful to me also.

Where in Texas are you? I have some ancestors who lived in San Antonio. PS I'm in Washington state. If you'd like to respond directly, I'm at (sorry, it's schmaltzy) mamakitty@prodigy.net

Jeanne

Re: Zacek families (Zicek)

Posted: 3 Mar 2013 7:30PM GMT
I am looking for information on my GGGP John Halabetz and Annie Zicek as shown on my grandmothers death cert.. (I always was told it was Holubec and info I found showed Annie's last name was Hranciky. So I am totally confused!!!!! They were from Moravia and married there. They to my knowledge came to US in mGalveston, Texas but I remember Mom saying something about New Orleans. They lived in Texas and no other place since coming to US. Just wondering if you might have info. Annie was born March 10, 1884. Any info that you might be able to help with would greatly appreciated.
joangravesmorris joanmorris8a@aol.com Holubec on sub line
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions