Search for content in message boards

Patterson Family

Patterson Family

Posted: 1 Jan 2002 6:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Aug 2006 9:51PM GMT
Surnames: Patterson
I am researching my husband's family tree. His grandfather was Paul Patterson. Paul was born in Arkansas on 06-08-1909 and died in Ada, Ok. Pauls parents were William Patterson and Elmina Thompson. I am searching for a missing link. I do know that his line includes Thomas Silas Marion Patterson, Robert Alexander Patterson, Thomas Patterson, Robert Patterson, and Samuel Patterson who was born about 1738 in Ireland. Samuel was married to Martha Ramsey and he died in Wilson County, TN. I am trying to find the missing link from Thomas Silas to William and then to Paul. We'd appreciate any help!!! Thanks.

Re: Patterson Family

Mary Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2002 4:59AM GMT
Have you looked for a will on Wm. Patterson in TN? I am looking for a Suzannah Patterson who married a McBride in Wilson Co. TN in 1809-1813. Someone checked the Wm. Patterson of that location but she is not listed in his will, so I didn't get a copy of it. Hope this helps. If you find a Susan or Suzannah, please send me any info. Mary

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2002 8:29PM GMT
Pamela,
I have a link to the Samuel Patterson and Martha Ramsey. I posted a website with the direct link to my GGGGGGrandfather. The website is
http://members.aol.com/sweetrouge/index.html
Enter the site and then click the Genealolgy link...follow that to Patterson... If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me directly. If it isn't on the site it may be in the book I have.
Sharon

Posted: 22 Jan 2006 6:35PM GMT
Mary,

A Rev. John Roan performed the marriage fo Samuel Patterson/Martha Ramsey marriage in 1763 Dauphin/Lancaster Co PA. The same minister married William Carson and Margaret McCord in 1760, and I think he is the William who died in 1790, Washington Co TN (believe they are parents of David Carson, my ancestor). A James Patterson is also in that area of TN plus several others that show up 1800 and later.

David Carson was executor of the will for a Samuel Patterson who died 1815 in Haywood Co NC, and some think David's wife Catherine was a Patterson.

Does any of this connect possibly with your Susannah?

Gary

Posted: 22 Jan 2006 6:37PM GMT
Pamel,

A Rev. John Roan performed the marriage of Samuel Patterson and Martha Ramsey marriage in 1763 Dauphin/Lancaster Co PA. The same minister married William Carson and Margaret McCord in 1760, and I think he is the William who died in 1790, Washington Co TN (believe they are parents of David Carson, my ancestor). A James Patterson is also in that area.

David Carson was executor of the will for a Samuel Patterson who died 1815 in Haywood Co NC, and some think David's wife Catherine was a Patterson. I'm trying to figure out this Patterson connection

Does any of this link with your line possibly? There are Pattersons in western NC and in eastern TN that may have come down from PA.

Gary

Posted: 8 Oct 2011 1:23PM GMT
Hi, don't know if I can help you or if you can help me. Thomas Silas Patterson is my great great grandfather. I've had a hard time researching. I have a good group on my tree..just not sure how accurate it is. HA! send me a message sometime if you want to compare notes.

Posted: 23 Oct 2011 10:23PM GMT
Surnames: Patterson, Bennett, Lotti/Lottie, Champion, Andrews, etc.
I have a William Patterson that I have traced to Wilson County TN. He was married to Nancy Bennett and had one child in TN. I have records of them (William and Nancy) selling their property to one of Nancy's brothers and moving to So. Illinois abt 1839-1840. In Illinois census, William states he was born in NC. I have not been able to trace further back than that as there were a number if William Pattersons in that area all at the same time frame. William and Nancy both died in So. Illinois. I would love to hear from anyone that might connect to my William and Nancy Bennet Patterson (b, abt 1800? in NC) William is my brick wall :(.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic