Search for content in message boards

Rev Horatio Bardwell, Belchertown

Rev Horatio Bardwell, Belchertown

Posted: 24 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Feb 2003 1:56AM GMT
Surnames: Bardwell, Bordwell
Looking for information of children of Reverend Horatio Bardwell,DD born in Belchertown, MA Nov 3, 1788. Married Rachel Forbush (Nov 7, 1787) on July 11, 1815. Initial info received from internet connection who said got this from the Forbes, Forbush book written by Frederick Pierce.
Horatio died May 5, 1866. What county is this community in. Any idea how to locate a list of his children. Looking for one of them to be a Horatio or Frederic....thanks

Robert Bardwell

Posted: 11 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Feb 2003 1:56AM GMT
Surnames: Bardwell, Bordwell
June from Mass found my Horatio in the Index to Births Mass 1841-1850: Frederic Horatio and Francis Adams Bardwell born in Deerfield, 4 Aug 1847 to Horatio and Sylvia Bardwell of Windsor Mass. She sent me a copy.Thanks

In the Magazine of American Geneology (old magazine from local historical society) published by Institute of American Geneology...Number 19..page 582...Horatio (b. 1819)-Horatio-Elijah-Joseph-John-Robert-(d 1726) want to try to verify that Horatio (the father from above is the first Horatio in the magazine from above) and so on....any ideas? Thanks

Re: Robert Bardwell

Posted: 3 Jun 2003 5:28PM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2004 11:48PM GMT
Surnames: Bardwell
I have a photo copy of some of the pages of the New England
Historical & Genealogical Register. Volume1. 1847 Boston: Publisher Samuel G. Drake. It tells the lineage, a little about the life, education, etc.of Rev. Horatio J. Bardwell born Nov. 3, 1788. If you don't have this or want it, contact me for complete
information. Knight815@aol.com

Mary Lou Bordwell (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2003 11:58AM GMT
Surnames: Boardwell, Bordwell, Bardwell
Thanks but wrong Horatio. Mine born to William and Mehitable Boardwell or Bardwell in Ashfield MA 1836. William and spouse and child under 5 show on Ashfield 1830 census. If you have access to any of the early MA records please let me know. Need look ups in the land deeds, etc.
Thanks again.

Dana Morrill (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2004 2:25AM GMT
Hello This is my first try for Bordwell. My step grandfather was Lewis W. Bordwell son of William Bordwell.They had a store in Yankton S.D.about 1894 or so. Lewis was a swichman on the Greatnorthern railroad in spokane washington in 1920.If you have any info on this family Iwould be very intrested. Thank you very much. Dana Morrill.

Posted: 14 Sep 2004 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: Bordwell
I need more information. There are many Williams and about 5 Lewis in the book. Approximate dob for Lewis? Same for William? Do you know where they were born? Sisters or brothers for either? Thanks

Posted: 8 Jun 2009 5:05PM GMT
Surnames: Bordwell
Wanted to reply to your post....My name is Joy Bordwell and my huge family live in Spokane, WA my grandfather John Henry Bordwell also worked for Northern Burlington RR, there is also another Bordwell family that resided her (we could find no relation) his name was Elmer Bordwell...he also worked for RR..weird huh. We are probably related. My grandfather had 10 children, and died in 1962, he was married to Julia Mahar/ Maher..I have lots of info on my family..I am to be related to a William Bordwell, several..lol

Re: Rev Horatio Bardwell, Belchertown

Posted: 9 Feb 2012 8:03PM GMT
Horatio Bardwell, DD, married Rachel Furbush. They did have a son named Horatio Furbush Bardwell, born in Bombay, India. He attended Andove College, was a lawyer, and a Engineer for the CSA during the Civil War. Later in life he was a hotel owner and operator along with his wife, Louisa, in Burkeville, VA. In 2010, I located Horatio's (son) grave in Burkeville, VA. He died childless.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions