Search for content in message boards

ROBINSON/ LISTER

ROBINSON/ LISTER

JOAN STUBBS (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LISTER, ROBINSON, BERKELEY, WORMELEY
SARAH LISTER b:abt.1722 MIDDX CO,VA.d.prob KING WILLIAM CO, VA. m. PETER ROBINSON of "Hewick" b:MARCH 01,1717/18. Marriage was in MIDDLESEX CO, VA. on Aug 09,1750.
PETER ROBINSON died June 1765 in ST JOHN'S PARISH, KING WILLIAM, VA.
Would like further information of this couple and where they lived in KING WILLIAM COUNTY, VA.
SARAH LISTER was the daughter of LUCY BERKELEY OF "BARN ELMS" MIDDX, and ALEXANDER LISTER of MIDDLESEX CO, VA.

Re: ROBINSON/ LISTER

Rick robinson (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2001 11:48PM GMT
Peter and Sarah had children they moved to Toronto . I think they had 5 children Christopher was born 1763 died november 2, 1798 in Toronto, Ontario Canada

I would like to know his childrens names

God be with you and your family

Rick A. Robinson

Re: ROBINSON/ LISTER (Children)

Joan Stubbs (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2002 9:46PM GMT
Sarah Lister and Peter Robinson had 5 children.
Christopher born Hewick, Middx, VA.died 1798 in Canada he married Esther Sayre.
Lucy Robinson born St John's Parish, King William County, VA. married her cousin Thomas Robinson son of Benjamin.
Peter Robinson
Judith Robinson
Sarah Robinson born abt. 1752, King Willam Co, VA, married Benjamin Grymes October 04 1773.

Rick A. Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2002 11:31PM GMT
Thank you for the information. Do you have who there children were and where they went. etc.

Personally e-mail me and I wil give you a web site I don't want people paying for this. I will not give it to any geneology site.

Rick

Posted: 19 Feb 2007 2:16PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Dabney, Spencer
my name is Sallie Robinson Miller. I am inquiring about the Christopher Robinson Family Tree. There is a possibility that I may have ancestors under that Family Tree and I am trying to determine how far I need to go to find that information. The information I have is as follows: Christopher Robinson (1645) son of John Robinson married Agatha, daugther of Bertram Obert. Then my information jumps to Albert Robinson (1838-1919)marrying Virginia Florence Spencer and their children were H.D., Harry, Helen and Wallace Albert. Do you have anything on these names. my email address is smiller184@cox.net

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 4:33AM GMT
My Peter Robinson notes:

of St John's Parish, King William, VA, and later of Canada, it appears (i am putting Canada as place of death for Peter and for his wife . . . until someone finds me something better - it is conceivable that they died in England)

see - on Google Books (acc 1/3/12)

p. 186

The William and Mary quarterly, Volume 18
By Lyon Gardiner Tyler, Earl Gregg Swem, Richard Lee Morton, Institute of Early American History and Culture (Williamsburg, Va.), College of William and Mary, JSTOR (Organization)

will date: 8 Jan 1765

see

http://vagenweb.org/tylers_bios/vol1-30.htm

acc 1/14/12

[Page 315]
Robinson, Peter, son of Christopher Robinson, brother of Commissary William Robinson lived in King William, was born March 1, 1718, studied at Oriel College, Oxford, was a member of the house of burgesses for King William from 1758 to 1761. His wife was Sarah Lister, whom he married in 1750. He died in 1765, leaving issue Christopher, Peter, Judith, Lucy, Sarah which last married Benjamin Grymes, of Orange [Orange Cty, VA].

PETER3 ROBINSON, youngest son of Col. Christopher Robinson, was born March 1, 1718-19 (Parish Register), and died in 1765. He lived in the parish of St. Johns, King William County; and his will was dated January 8, 1765. He married Sarah, daughter of Alexander Lister and Lucy his wife, on August 9, 1750 (Register) and had issue:

(1) Christopher4, (2) Peter4, (3) Judith4, born Sept. 5, 1751 - (Parish Register) (4) Sarah4, married Oct. 4, 1773, Benjamin Grymes, of Orange (Parish Register) (5) Lucy4 named in his will and in the chart; married Thomas Robinson, son of her uncle Benjamin Robinson.

Of these children Christopher was undoubtedly the Christopher who was at William and Mary College in 1780 and ran away to the British in New York, where he joined the Loyal American Regiment (see Sabin's Loyalists of the American Revolution II., page 229). It is possible that his brother Peter emigrated with him. They are mentioned in the will of their aunt Judith Robinson in 1774. Christopher Robinson married Esther Sayre, and his son Beverley, born in 1791, was Chief Justice of Upper Canada. He (Beverley) was father of General C.W. Robinson, of London.

In a suit in the Chancery Court of the Williamsburg District, entitled "Grymes vs. Robinson", it is stated that Major John Robinson was the surviving executor of the will of Peter Robinson, that he was guardian of Peter Robinson's three daughters, who lived with him until 1776, that as surviving executor he had charge of all the personal and real estate of his brother Peter; and no mention is made in these papers of either Christopher or Peter the sons. This omission can only be accounted for by the death or flight of both. Under the Virginia law during the revolution the property of all

Page 187.

British aliens was confiscated. There is no mention of the death of either in any of the Virginia records which have come down to us, nor do their names appear in the list reported in 1782 of land holders in King William County, where their father had resided.

see

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~anneology/...

acc 1/15/12

Peter Robinson m.(9 Aug. 1750) Sarah Lister 1 March 1718/19 - 1765, St. Johns, King William Co., Virg.

dau Lucy md Thomas, son of her uncle, Benjamin Robinson (so . . . her cousin - bcs)

see

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/ROBINSON/1997-...
Dear Robinsons,

Peter Robinson married Sarah Lister at Christ Church [Episcopal], Urbanna, Middlesex County, Virginia, on 9 August 1750, according to an IGI entry from a temple sealing record. I presume there is a real source for this item somewhere. Do the records of that church survive, and have they been published (vital statistics as well as vestry minutes?)?

see

http://vagenweb.org/tylers_bios/vol1-30.htm

acc 1/14/12

[i can't find dates of birth and death for Sarah Lister, but they can be approximated . . . . ]
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions