Search for content in message boards

James Edward Barnett

James Edward Barnett

Posted: 10 Nov 2008 8:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
I would like to correspond with descendents of James Edward Barnett of Putnam Co.IN.

Re: James Edward Barnett

Posted: 20 Dec 2008 5:27AM GMT
Surnames: Barnett
I have an Edward Barnett born somewhere in Indiana in 1801 living in in nearby Parke County in 1875. Could this be the same person?

Posted: 23 Dec 2008 1:23PM GMT
My James Edward Barnett was refered to by friends and family as Edward and did live in Parke Co. for a time but was born in 1811 in Harrison Co. Indiana. I may have your Edward somewhere in the tree as a cousin to mine. James Edward's father was James Otis Barnett an early settler of Harrison, Putnam and Clay counties in Indiana. James Otis fathered a large family which branched through out the country.

Posted: 24 Dec 2008 1:16PM GMT
Surnames: BARNETT/MARSH/DIGGS
Hi Mark..
Do you think your JAMES OTIS BARNETT was married to a MARY ANN MARSH? I have this BARNETT family, therefter, in Charlottesville, Va.. Maybe this is a different line. When I just read this query...I became very excited....because I have been searching for info on a JAMES O.BARNETT of VA., for months, now.
Karen Corridori....doodlesattheboo@yahoo.com

Posted: 24 Dec 2008 7:47PM GMT
Karen

My James Otis married Elizabeth Keller in 1797 in Washington Co. Ky. He was born in Va. in 1774 to Byrum Barnett and Isabella Monroe. Most of the Barnetts in my line, as far I have found were from the Amherst area. If you would like I can check through my tree for your James O. Send some more info about him to my e-mail at msbarnett_genealogy@yahoo.com and I'll look through what I have.

Mark

Posted: 23 Feb 2009 4:19AM GMT
Surnames: Barnett, Carr, Wilson
Sorry I have waited so long to follow up on the potential lead you may have for me. I have so little info on the Edward BARNETT I am looking for, but what I do know is he was born in 1801 in Indiana, and was possibly married to a Linda CARR (Born 1831 in Ohio) I am Not sure of this name, I also have a Mary BARNETT born 1831 in Ohio - wife of Edward, in the 1880 census (Attached).

That record shows many children of Edward and Mary with last name of WILSON. Mary and Linda sound like the same person, and the WILSON children could be from Mary/Linda's first marriage. The lone BARNETT child (Andrew, my G-Grandfather), was likely born from Edward and Mary/Linda.

Is this Edward BARNETT one of the cousins you spoke of?

Thanks for any help
Attachments:

Posted: 17 Jul 2009 2:55PM GMT
I am sorry for the long delay in my reply. My work has my schedule really messed up. James Edward did have a wife Mary Carr Wilson the widow of another man. She is the one listed on the 1880 census.
I do not have my records with me they are at my home in GA. and I'm in transit to SC from NY. E-mail me at msbarnett_genealogy@yahoo.com and let me know what you are looking for and I'll see what I have.

Mark

Posted: 17 Jul 2009 10:14PM GMT
Hi Mark,

I tried sending an e-mail, but it came back undeliverable. It said you don't have a yahoo account.

Darrin

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 10:28PM GMT
Check the spelling and don't forget the underscore between msbarnett and genealogy.

Mark
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions