Search for content in message boards

Samuel L. Buchanan 1777-1857

Samuel L. Buchanan 1777-1857

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 7:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Buchanan
I am looking for the true paternity for Samuel L. Buchanan Sr. He was born in PA.in 1777, married Margaret Trotter in 1802, and died in Lockport, NY in 1857. I know all my dates and names are correct, because I have Samuel's original will listing all his children, but I need the names of his parents to trace further back. I know our family came over from NW Ireland, but can't find where or when without Sam'l's parents' names.

Re: Samuel L. Buchanan 1777-1857

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 5:58PM GMT
Hello, My name is Lois and my father was from the Cleve Buchanan, son of John Franklin Buchanan's.
It has only been recently uncovered that this was indeed my biological father.
I have just began my ancestor search. I am so thankful to you and others who have worked hard on our family history. It is of great value to me too.

I would like to stay in touch and if ever there is family reunion, would love to be a part of that.

Sincerely, Lois M. Woolley (Buchanan)

Re: Samuel L. Buchanan 1777-1857

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 11:13PM GMT
Hi Lois,
My name is Cindy Buchanan Goodman, and my father is Charles Frederick Buchanan Jr. My 3x great-grandfather was Samuel L. Buchanan (1777-1857) I'm not familiar with your father or grandfather's names. Do you know anything about when and where they were born? We have a Buchanan family reunion for my dad's side every year here in Washington State, and there is a Buchanan clan gathering in our state every year as well, complete with pipes, kilts and dancing.
You should check out the Clan Buchanan Society International page on Facebook. Tons of Buchanans looking for their family members!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic